Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
2mzhdfo.jpg

Garbage and more garbage.

duke nukem

Augur

So 3-3,5 million copies sold.

Basically confirms that there is another mass effect.

ME:a budget was 40 million, 3,5 million*60= 210 million -40mil=170 million. Advertisement is usually about same amount as development budget so after that 130 million. Taxes eat 15-20 million at max. Not bad, not bad. Still made massive profit. Also confirms there is going to be another mass effect.

Tytus

Arcane
ME:a budget was 40 million

Citation fucking needed. Stop repeating this bullshit that was thrown a month or so back. ME3 had 40-50 mln budget and that game was in production for about 2 years. We don't know what was the budget for Andromeda. The facts are that it was being made for 5 years and (if I remember correctly) it had a bigger dev team. I would be surprised if the budget was "only" 40 mln.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So Bioware is announcing their destiny / the division clone at E3, think they will also announce a new game of one of their existing ips? Dragon age, mass effect.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So Bioware is announcing their destiny / the division clone at E3, think they will also announce a new game of one of their existing ips? Dragon age, mass effect.

So that's the property they wore shirts with logos at some events and not a single goddamn person cared enough to ask what it was? Swell.

Padzi

Arbiter
They sold 3.5 mln copies (let's say that is accurate) and yet there is a discernible lack of new hardcore fans and the old fans who bought the game and are largely upset or furious. How big of a failure it had to be to achieve this?

Tytus

Arcane
The truth is they were expecting Andromeda to sell at least the same amount of copies as ME2 did over it life span so around 4.5 - 5mln. But EA was hoping that this time Andromeda will move 5 mil for full price. And yet the game is already on sale, there is a huge drop off and it seems they only managed to sell the same amount of copies as ME1 did (while the game probably had a much higher budget being 5 years in production with a larger team).

3.5 sounds great on paper - but not to EA - because they are faced with reality that it underperformed.

Reboot when?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Andromeda as a setting was a terrible choice. Fans wanted more of the conflicts and species in the milky way.

The safest bet would have been a prequel series, but they went for a soft reboot, then got fucked over for it.

Lhynn

Arcane
They should have released a free DLC featuring ME3 troo ending, where shepard either survives and keeps the fight strong as the leader of the alliance, dies or is indoctrinated. Either way the alliance holds the line.
It being the only choice that matters as you start fresh with a new recruit and play a couple hours getting the feel for the new status quo, the DLC ends giving closure to the trilogy but as a cliffhanger for the next mass effect series. Fucking bam.
(also dont give a high selling popular franchise to untested retards, you will regret it).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I think a more interesting choice would be a trilogy featuring the discovery of the ruins in Mars, the relay at the edge of the solar system, the subsequent exploration, first contact war and integration into citadel space.

The truth is they were expecting Andromeda to sell at least the same amount of copies as ME2 did over it life span so around 4.5 - 5mln. But EA was hoping that this time Andromeda will move 5 mil for full price. And yet the game is already on sale, there is a huge drop off and it seems they only managed to sell the same amount of copies as ME1 did (while the game probably had a much higher budget being 5 years in production with a larger team).

3.5 sounds great on paper - but not to EA - because they are faced with reality that it underperformed.

Reboot when?

this is the reboot.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Aparently a new dragon age has been confirmed by one of the writers working on it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-19-writing-the-next-dragon-age

I can see Bioware announcing their mmo with actual gameplay and a cinematic for the new dragon age at E3.

Mass effect is pretty much fucked, and we will see a complete reboot of the series a few years from now, or the ridiculous sequel to Andromeda that no one wants.

hajro

Arbiter
Andromeda as a setting was a terrible choice. Fans wanted more of the conflicts and species in the milky way.

The safest bet would have been a prequel series, but they went for a soft reboot, then got fucked over for it.
The best bet would have been someone who got knocked the fuck somewhere just like joker did, since there are no mass relay to zig zag you would have to go in a straight line towards earth. Unexplored parts of the milky way, unknown races, sorts of weird shit, game ends with you seeing Earth. Even bonobo bioware writers can make a congruent story around that :martini:

Also the journey shouldnt be some pussyfooting, make it a horror show. Faggot MC should cry like a bitch when he sees Earth.

Last edited:
you're being far too optimistic.
there's plenty of moments in which the old renegade shepard would have just shot the fuck out of brains and instead all you get is "you've been a bad boy, i'll make sure your wrists will be slapped, don't do that ever again or there'll be no consequences".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom