Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Desert - Korean MMO - Tent cities, conservating clothing, Oh my

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

That was certainly shaky.

Cynic

Arcane
My only experience with MMOs (FFXIV) taught me that they weren't for me. I actually liked some parts of that game, the coop dungeons etc., were really fun, but I cannot into the complete and total giving up of your human life to play these games.

That being said, if I WAS into MMOs, I'd be very interested in this and would love to give it a spin in any case. They've definitely struck a chord with the world design and aesthetic. It's very western oriented with a little bit of Asia thrown in.

Dr Tomo

Learned
:necro:
Western Publisher and CB3 announced
Good news for all Western Black Desert Fans. Daum, the Korean Publisher of Black Desert will expand to the Western Market and open a new Office in the West. Pearl Abyss also announced the Date for the 3rd Closed Beta, which is scheduled for late August/early September. More information are coming soon.
We have the official confirmation that it’s true. *source
So there is a possibility that the west may soon enjoy this game after seeing how Archeage is getting a lot of hype. I wonder, how doesthis game actually stacks up against Archeage?

Whiran

Magister
:necro:
(again)

Black Desert has a Japanese beta that just started this past weekend (I believe - May 8th, 2015).

You can make an account and play if you're interested in it. Reddit has a few guides on how to do this: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert..._how_to_make_a_japanese_black_desert_account/

I tested it out earlier today and I have to say this is one pretty game.

There are some decisions that I find weird such as classes being locked to gender.

Combat is very fast paced and makes use of things like key combinations (S and F at the same time) to use different attacks.

I haven't played much so I can't judge the game as a whole but the character generation is pretty interesting. You can make some neat characters.

Whiran

Magister
Goddamn it, when will this be in beta for a non-moon-language?
Next year (2016) is the planned western release or beta or whatever it'll be.

Here are some screenshots of me messing around in the character editor:

http://imgur.com/a/HXH27#0

Note: this isn't done in the highest graphics settings. I hadn't gotten around to fiddling with those when I was doing this. At the highest setting it looks even better.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Buy to play, alpha soon.

The Black-Desert.com fan site just received word that the English version of Black Desert Online should be kicking off the first alpha test soon. "Black Desert Online will be released in early 2016 and will not be free to play or employ a subscription model. Instead, players will buy the game once and can buy vanity items in-game to allow for further customization. Initially, the game will be localized in English, French and German."

http://steparu.com/news/closed-beta...rth-american-and-european-upcoming-alpha-test

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It doesn't look like a desert. The title almost made me think this wouldn't be the same generic fantasy Europe we've seen a billion times already.

Stokowski

Arcane
Huh, I thought the sandbox was all that was left after the Koreans found the game too difficult?

(Genuinely curious about this title, and it sounds like you may have better info than me.)

Angthoron

Arcane
It sounds like they're going to try going the GW2 original model. Don't mind. It was alright - somewhat grindy at times, but not overly so.

Guess I'll finally be trying out a new MMO.

Drakron

Arcane

Yes, its KMMO after all.

Still interested ... in the character generator because I want to create Korean honeys and they might get me if they dont go over the box lottos, we will see ...

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Female faces such as this one in an MMO are warning signs from nature, like electric green and orange for poisonous frogs, yellow and black for wasps and bees, or vivid blue and red for snakes and feminists.

4bfdbb9600.png

Stokowski

Arcane
Hmmm ...

td; dw:

+ great crafting/trade systems
+ beautiful world
+ fun action-y combat

- super vanilla mmo quests without any imagination or variation
- combat, even against open-world bosses, is face-rollingly easy
- no "end-game" (raids, dungeons, etc) except for PvP (which others, though not this bloke, report as being mediocre)

= (paraphrasing) needs ramped up challenge and an "expansion" worth of added content before its Western launch, or will likely sink like a stone.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I will totally not buy it, be hyped for a week and then after I got burned out tell everyone it's the worst MMORPG I've ever played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom