Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blackguards or Lords Of Xulima - which to buy?

Two games enter, one game leaves!

• Lords Of Xulima

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Nigguards

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • I secretly like Fallout 3

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters

Arthandas

Prophet
Who dares to disturb my slumber?

Drowed

Arcane
WSKdtFQ.png

(Also... Xulima.)

Arthandas

Prophet
Who dares to disturb my slumber?

So which one was better and why?
I played Xulima for some time and it was good but it becomes very grindy when/if you beat the difficulty curve and your party becomes stronger than encountered monsters. Still, a very good game for what it is.

Despite Darth's review I didn't like Blackguards at all. Combat may be good but the setting, dialogs and characters are so dreadfully boring I couldn't force myself to play it. It's like, why even touch it when there's Original Sin, right?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I liked blackguards (and the sequel too). The really disappointing thing abut those games storywise were the obviously rushed endings. Blackguards 2 ending is slightly better about it, but it's a massive waste of a choice & consequence setup (it's actually a lot of choices without consequence). But the ending in 1 dear god, it's that times ten. Here is not so much the quantity of the choices (there are only really two possible endings) but that they're important for closure. Guess what... you get the same half-assed 'ambiguous' sequence whatever you do (this might be a bug though). But these are only the very last 5 minutes.

Resuming, this company has a really bad habit of shortchanging their rpgs ending budget. Memoria has their best ending imo (it's really clever).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom