Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard gone full popamole: Cans D3 PvP

bonescraper

Good, we both agree on this but then why are you judging the game 6-12 months before the release?
6-12 months before the release? Now that's a good one :lol:

14KADJB5PUJ31331587961539.jpg

Fucking Blizzdrones.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If Blizzard had any balls they'd have just outright canceled Diablo 3, knowing it's gonna suck. In the past they had the integrity do cancel projects, now they have all the money but no choices whatsoever.

Hah, can you imagine the butthurt? Blizzdrones would be jumping off roofs in protest. Instead they're going to get their crap product soon and be raging about the decline. But no worries, a new generation of Blizzdrones will rise to embrace this pile of turd.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is it really that bad? I haven't played the beta. It looks pretty dire- but in a "could be fun if you liked D2" kind of way. If you played it, gush/whine about it for me, will you? I'd appreciate it.

Eyeball

Arcane
If Blizzard had any balls they'd have just outright canceled Diablo 3, knowing it's gonna suck. In the past they had the integrity do cancel projects, now they have all the money but no choices whatsoever.
I'm guessing that the projects they cancelled before did not have a guaranteed ten trillion dollar profit tag on them. We all know that no matter how shitty D3 is going to be, it will be the best selling game of the decade, so you really can't fault Blizzard for sticking to their guns on this one.

Black

Arcane
Is it really that bad? I haven't played the beta. It looks pretty dire- but in a "could be fun if you liked D2" kind of way. If you played it, gush/whine about it for me, will you? I'd appreciate it.
I've played the beta with barb, wizard and monk, found it quite good though very easy. Of course, this is act 1 on normal difficulty and it doesn't even go that far. More like up to Blood Raven in D2.
There's also LP of the beta by felipepeepepepelfepe in which he said he like it and many said it looks better than they expected.
But does it really matter?

LLOLOLOLOLOLOL BLIZZDRONES AND THEYRE POPAMOLE DIABLO 3 ITS SO SHIT SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT LIKE A SHIT... DIARRHOEA

Kraszu

Prophet
I'm guessing that the projects they cancelled before did not have a guaranteed ten trillion dollar profit tag on them. We all know that no matter how shitty D3 is going to be, it will be the best selling game of the decade, so you really can't fault Blizzard for sticking to their guns on this one.

They had remade Startcaft when the game was complete because it didn't meet they standards. Now they release broken shit that even lacks basic futures like BN 2.0, and don't even push release of the game that is incomplete. There aren't the same company, they aren't willing to remade anything that didn't turn out well, they count every spend penny sacrificing quality in the process.

Grimlorn

Arcane
If you liked D2 you'll probably like D3. It's pretty much the same. You'll be clicking the left and right mouse buttons a lot and occasionally using 1-4 buttons for other abilities usually support/buffs things like that. I can't really say much more than that. I played the beta a couple months ago. I don't know what they've changed since then and if it works or not.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Doesn't sound too bad.

Diablo is about the item hunt and trying to get further in the difficulties.

So while it doesn't look that impressive, i hope they did not fuck that up at least.

Rpgsaurus Rex

It's so difficult to fuck up Diablo's addictive formula, I wonder if even Blizzard-Activision can manage.

Rpgsaurus Rex

The basic formula is simple (hack 'n slash through hordes of monsters, see the numbers go up, repeat), you'd be surprised how many games share it, or at least borrow some key elements from it.

The problem with Diablo "clones" is that why a clone when you can play the original (given there's enough "variety" in the original)?

pocahaunted

Arcane
There's plenty of ammo to use against Diablo 3, but graphics, really? Who gives a shit. Were you really expecting pre-rendered 2D environs to have less fine details than a run of the mill 3D engine meant to run on a wide range of low budget machines?

Eyeball

Arcane
That's why we have so many successful Diablo clones right?
Excellent point. While the Diablo formula is incredibly simple, D1 and 2 just had something about them that makes them unique, even after a million shoddy ripoffs have been attempted. None have ever reached their level of hacky enjoyment.

Not sure why, really. God knows enough attempts at replicating that feeling have been made.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Closest game tha ever came close to D1/2's addictivness was - and now better grab onto something - Hellgate: London. Made by the former Blizzard North team, this was a lot of fun despite some wonky balance issues, but it sure as hell was better than all other Diablo clones out there, including Torchlight.

Soeaking of Torchlight, does T2 look even more shitty (cartoony) and simplified than T1?

Eyeball

Arcane
I'll see your shitty D2 ripoff and raise you Restricted Area, the halfway finished indie cyberpunk/Shadowrun Diablo clone.

It's one of my guilty pleasures. So many great ideas, too little time to actually finish the damn game.

Padre

Liturgist
Funny you bring up Hellgate because I agree 100% about it being the closest thing to D1/D2 in my experience. Torchlight was straight out boring with maybe 4 active spells per char,half of them hard to use/aim or just plain clunky (minion AI in this kind of games is very important. Somehow TQ, TL and many other games could not even replicate a fucking minion AI straight from D2).

I think the 'fun' factor was the pacing and proper itemization. And the feeling of growing more and more powerful as you go on. Hellgate did that right, if not a bit too slow for my taste. Travelling between zones should have been much easier. Skills should have been more diverse and should come quicker. Levelling should also be a little quicker.

TQ was so slow, there were not enough enemies in the zones, items were boring and they made Ancient Greece as bland and boring as they could. Of course after reading the interviews with the ex Iron Lore devs we all know who was the genius dipshit to pull all the interesting stuff from the game. And don't get me started on requiring 10 levels just to unlock some fucking skill.

TL on the other hand felt like a tech demo. I really dont mind the gfx or the overall presentation. What I don't like is that all classes shared the same passives skills (around 10 of them?). That's lazy. Chars should be different from each other as much as possible. I won't even go into balance issues (lolwut exploding arrow with life leech, insane damage and aoe compared to other skills).

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Closest game tha ever came close to D1/2's addictivness was - and now better grab onto something - Hellgate: London. Made by the former Blizzard North team, this was a lot of fun despite some wonky balance issues, but it sure as hell was better than all other Diablo clones out there, including Torchlight.

The only explanation for this comment was that you worked for Flagship.

I played Hellgate beta 2 weeks before release. Never again.

ShlongMaster

Educated
They are obviously delaying it to work out some kinks with Activision on how to get maximum profit from it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom