Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BRING BACK THE SHOUTBOX GODDAMMIT

circ

Arcane
This is Apple R&D levels of bad.

And about as buggy.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
5.jpg
I cast: Bugs be-gone!

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
It seems many two people are concerned about the appearance of a new and marginally different Shoutbox and are concerned about why The Management™ would make such a drastic decision to radically alter something much known and much loved. The following publication has been put together by our public relations team in order to ease the pain these concerned Codexians may experience during this transition period to a new Shoutbox.

The extent of features for the old Shoutbox included:

1. It was a Shoutbox, it was in the same place the new one is.​

The extent of features for the new Shoutbox include:

1. Click the pill to chat with your friends and call them homos!
chatwithfriends.png

2. Video call them! (Share the link around and have multiple people join your video feed, all being automatically logged-in with their Codex usernames so you know who they are!)
videocall.png

3. Multiple chatrooms where you can talk about stuff, and arrange meetings in your favourite games and such!
multiplerooms.png

4. Create your own rooms! (That can even be password protected so only your loser buddies friends can join!)
privaterooms.png

6. Open chat rooms in their own windows, leave Codex, enjoy other activities whilst still chatting!
popout.png
popupwindow.png

7. Enjoy actual real-time chat! (Unlike the old SLOWbox amirite?)

8. We can ban your stupid asses from it just like before.

9. Have access to the chat bar and features across every page in the forums so you're never far away from real-time shenanigans!

10. Enjoy easy access to various links we may and or may not decide to put down there.
easyaccesslinks.png

Thus concludes this educational package.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It seems many two people are concerned about the appearance of a new and marginally different Shoutbox and are concerned about why The Management™ would make such a drastic decision to radically alter something much known and much loved. The following publication has been put together by our public relations team in order to ease the pain these concerned Codexians may experience during this transition period to a new Shoutbox.

The extent of features for the old Shoutbox included:

1. It was a Shoutbox, it was in the same place the new one is.​

The extent of features for the new Shoutbox include:

1. Click the pill to chat with your friends and call them homos!
View attachment 3763

2. Video call them! (Share the link around and have multiple people join your video feed, all being automatically logged-in with their Codex usernames so you know who they are!)
View attachment 3764

3. Multiple chatrooms where you can talk about stuff, and arrange meetings in your favourite games and such!
View attachment 3765

4. Create your own rooms! (That can even be password protected so only your loser buddies friends can join!)
View attachment 3766

6. Open chat rooms in their own windows, leave Codex, enjoy other activities whilst still chatting!
View attachment 3761 View attachment 3760

7. Enjoy actual real-time chat! (Unlike the old SLOWbox amirite?)

8. We can ban your stupid asses from it just like before.

9. Have access to the chat bar and features across every page in the forums so you're never far away from real-time shenanigans!

10. Enjoy easy access to various links we may and or may not decide to put down there.
View attachment 3762

Thus concludes this educational package.

adblocked that shit

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What is fucking annoying, is when you click on the forum list, you then see all the forums THEN IT FUCKING SUDDENLY CENTERS THE PAGE SO THAT THE CHAT IS NOW AT THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN. It's like LOOK MOTHERFUCKER! WE HAVE MOTHERFUCKING CHAT... or something. Annoying +1.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But why does it look like the facebook interface? And can I have my seizure inducing font back?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Video chat? Marvelous! Codexioan version of chatroulette where 90% it will be dicks and rest of them tranny dicks.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
What is fucking annoying, is when you click on the forum list, you then see all the forums THEN IT FUCKING SUDDENLY CENTERS THE PAGE SO THAT THE CHAT IS NOW AT THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN. It's like LOOK MOTHERFUCKER! WE HAVE MOTHERFUCKING CHAT... or something. Annoying +1.
i concur

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The old shitbox knew of my ignore list and applied ignores accordingly automatically.

How do I ignore dannyfx1 in the new version of shitbox.

Zep--

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
The old shitbox knew of my ignore list and applied ignores accordingly automatically.

How do I ignore dannyfx1 in the new version of shitbox.
This may be something we'll have to work on.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Like most remakes, the new chat is vastly inferior to the original.
:killit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom