Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brofist Harvesting is a Serious Crime. Don't do it.

Melcar

Arcane
How would one "antibrofist"? I guess we could call it bitchslap or something. What´s the homogay beta version of a brofist? Shit, I´m almost there baby...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How about being able to brofist (and antibrofist) posts, making it notify the poster (so they can know that someone considers their post awesome or shitty), but not displaying actual user's brofist count anywhere?

That's more prone to abuse (as is ALL suggestions in feedback, people forget to look at that angle first).

What we really need is some kind of reward system for people that do actually post in-depth posts/promote discussion in the regular forums (I don't give a shit about GD). And it somehow not prone to abuse or bias.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
15dw807.png

DraQ

Arcane
How about being able to brofist (and antibrofist) posts, making it notify the poster (so they can know that someone considers their post awesome or shitty), but not displaying actual user's brofist count anywhere?

That's more prone to abuse (as is ALL suggestions in feedback, people forget to look at that angle first).
Ok, how is the system working more or less like current one, minus the counter more prone to abuse?

What we really need is some kind of reward system for people that do actually post in-depth posts/promote discussion in the regular forums (I don't give a shit about GD). And it somehow not prone to abuse or bias.
Well, yeah.

MMXI

Arcane

Ok, how is the system working more or less like current one, minus the counter more prone to abuse?

Well, yeah.
If someone is in agreement with a post and they don't have anything to add, they can use the brofist feature instead of posting a one line reply. If someone is in disagreement with a post then they should at least explain why they are in disagreement and what they specifically disagree with. If someone uses an anti-brofist on one of your long posts, it'll be the equivalent of someone replying with "I disagree." I'm sure you'd be the first one to complain about this.

Kz3r0

Arcane
If someone is in agreement with a post and they don't have anything to add, they can use the brofist feature instead of posting a one line reply. If someone is in disagreement with a post then they should at least explain why they are in disagreement and what they specifically disagree with. If someone uses an anti-brofist on one of your long posts, it'll be the equivalent of someone replying with "I disagree." I'm sure you'd be the first one to complain about this.
:bro:

DraQ

Arcane
I'd ignore it.

If there was twelve or twenty, however...
The thing is that sometimes someone posts something so mindbogglingly retarded, that you don't really know where to start rebuking it. In such case a nonverbal avalanche of disapproval from everyone else, a collective implied facepalm of sorts, would drive the point home.

In any case the supply of antibrofists available to a poster should be limited to discourage using them without reason.

MMXI

Arcane
I'd ignore it.

If there was twelve or twenty, however...
The thing is that sometimes someone posts something so mindbogglingly retarded, that you don't really know where to start rebuking it. In such case a nonverbal avalanche of disapproval from everyone else, a collective implied facepalm of sorts, would drive the point home.

In any case the supply of antibrofists available to a poster should be limited to discourage using them without reason.
I still don't see the point. If someone posts something so mindbogglingly retarded then stick them on your ignore list. If it's just a one off from an otherwise sensible poster then chances are you'll read their post anyway.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Whomever bitch about the brofist feature has the IQ of a twelve years old retard, especially if said retard continues to spam this section with gratuitous inanity.
Be thankful that DU is a nice guy.
This is my last post on the subject.
Bye bye.

laclongquan

Arcane
:bro:
Save future furious flaming rages.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
I still think it's bullshit that we can't give brofists in GD. Quality GD posters exist ya know...
Why was GD brofisting removed? Aren't the point of brofists to decrease the spam and +1 postcount replies with brofists being an incentive to create quality posts and discussion? Given the recent concern over the quality of GD it might be worthwhile to give GD-enabled brofisting a try as an option for treating some of the symptoms of the inherent lack of that forum's calibre if we truly cannot treat the cause as the case seems to be.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Why was GD brofisting removed? Aren't the point of brofists to decrease the spam and +1 postcount replies with brofists being an incentive to create quality posts and discussion? Given the recent concern over the quality of GD it might be worthwhile to give GD-enabled brofisting a try as an option for treating some of the symptoms of the inherent lack of that forum's calibre if we truly cannot treat the cause as the case seems to be.
Probably to limit the brofisting to posts about culture.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Considering that the most controversial forum, Politics and Religion, allows brofisting it's should be allowed in GD too or removed from the aforementioned sub-forum.

Helton

Arcane
Hey DU faggot ass fag master shit eating fag man. In solidarity with brofisting bros I call on you to remove all brofists from everyone. I dare you you fucking coward. Matter fact you should remove feature entirely. Come on dick breath. Do it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Removed Helton to RPG Watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom