Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call vote: Dumbfuck Lady Error

Dumbfuck Lady Error?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Error's just mad that a majority of the codex wants him dumbfucked, and those defending him are at best saying, "well, he's an idiot, but we have a lot of idiots".
if we'd dumbfuck everyone who deserved it, the dumbfuck tag would lose its value.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Error's just mad that a majority of the codex wants him dumbfucked

The majority doesn't give a fuck about this poll, even within the poll itself. Those who voted yes are mainly the retards I put on my ignore list.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Error's just mad that a majority of the codex wants him dumbfucked

The majority doesn't give a fuck about this poll, even within the poll itself. Those who voted yes are mainly the retards I put on my ignore list.
None of the retards you put on your ignore list has posted in this thread, though.

Edit: I redact that, Clockwork Knight did indeed vote yes. A clear case of conflict of interest. Shame on you. Shame on you, your cow and your family.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
By the way, you're welcome for using the avatar I created.

10097.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That retarded Argument in the Gothic thread was already worthy of the dumbfuck Tag :P

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That retarded Argument in the Gothic thread was already worthy of the dumbfuck Tag :P

If you read that retarded argument, you will see that many agreed with me. But hey, why let something like facts get in the way of your fantasies about that argument.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So why are you here Lady Error ? Do you want to fight the good fight against the decline of cRPG's?

If you read the CRPG threads, you already know the answer to that. What I didn't know is that to participate in GD one must have an opinion approved by the scientific giants ihavecrapinmyhead and DU.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So.... you come here for the general discussions then?

Oh please. There are more than enough people who do that, but most of my posts are in the CRPG threads. Check your stats or something.

In fact, I dislike GD with a passion and only posted in the science and politics sections.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
None of the retards you put on your ignore list has posted in this thread, though.

Edit: I redact that, Clockwork Knight did indeed vote yes. A clear case of conflict of interest. Shame on you. Shame on you, your cow and your family.

So how exactly is it a conflict of interest to post here, but not a conflict of interest to vote? You missed the Broseph too. He's been butthurt about something or other for a while now. Put me on the ignore list, yet still reads my posts. Go figure...

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
p.s.
please note that you are defending someone who believes that, in quantum mechanics, an "observer" isn't a measuring device that interacts with the photon in the experiment, but an actual guy who's looking with his eyes.
I know, and it is in fact amusing.
But you know what, this topic is highly complicated and I might have had physics classes at university but I think I'm still a layman regarding wave function collapse and stuff like that.
BUT first of all this topic is still not closed even in the physics community and second even if Lady Error was very defensive and therefore begged for bashing your side wasn't that convincing either.
What would have been convincing? Quoting articles like this one for example.
After reading that I know that my claim that what she wrote wasn't falsified was in fact wrong.
And after reading that she should have only 2 possibilities left, either call the scientists involved liars or rethink her understanding of the Copenhagen interpretation (which includes nonsentient observers if you don't prefer outdated and disproven interpretations from the 1920s only because they fit your beliefs).

Btw, I also didn't learn anything about decoherence or that this theory as well as the many worlds and consistent histories interpretations didn't even require something as arbitrary as a wave function collapse at my hippie university. ^^
They were all about the Copenhagen interpretation (meaning wave function collapse was a given) and about "shut up and measure".

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Regarding the article I linked:
Ok, I guess I missed one possibility. She could also argue that the electron interference pattern behind the double slit only disappears once the scientist looks at the screen.
Guess I would vote yes to dumbfuck then because that would be completely missing the point of wave function collapse. They introduced that crutch because they didn't know how to explain why quantum mechanical effects don't occur in the macroscopic world. And the way that world functions doesn't depend on if a human or a frog "observes" it. The frog can depend on the fly being at the same spot a second later as much as the human with the fly flap can.

But then again even famous Nobel laureates like Eugene Wigner or other famous physicists like Wheeler believed that bullshit.
Wheeler: We are participators in bringing into being not only the near and here but the far away and long ago. We are in this sense, participators in bringing about something of the universe in the distant past and if we have one explanation for what's happening in the distant past why should we need more?
Oh my, what a poetic mind. ^^
So maybe it's not really dumbfucky, but just the erratic output of poetic minds.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
But don't some physicists also believe that? This is an honest question. Has it been definitively proven that it is the instrument causing the interaction? Are there no physicists of note who still believe this?

no
collapse of the wave function happens all the time, whether the interaction is a measurement or something else
there is NO need for a conscious observer to collapse the wave function, only of an interaction

My bad, I shouldn't reply this close to bedtime
what i meant was, everything that collapses the wave function is a measurement/observation (which in this situation are synonyms)
that means that interactions that collapse the wave function don't need to be conscious
however, not ALL interactions necessarily collapse the wave function, that is a mistake.

But you know what, this topic is highly complicated and I might have had physics classes at university but I think I'm still a layman regarding wave function collapse and stuff like that.
As am i
which is why i don't read about physics in psychology journals, and when someone with a better understanding of the matter explains to me that i'm wrong and points me out to evidence of it, i correct my aim.

BUT first of all this topic is still not closed even in the physics community and second even if Lady Error was very defensive and therefore begged for bashing your side wasn't that convincing either.
What would have been convincing? Quoting articles like this one for example.
After reading that I know that my claim that what she wrote wasn't falsified was in fact wrong.
And after reading that she should have only 2 possibilities left, either call the scientists involved liars or rethink her understanding of the Copenhagen interpretation (which includes nonsentient observers if you don't prefer outdated and disproven interpretations from the 1920s only because they fit your beliefs).

Btw, I also didn't learn anything about decoherence or that this theory as well as the many worlds and consistent histories interpretations didn't even require something as arbitrary as a wave function collapse at my hippie university. ^^
They were all about the Copenhagen interpretation (meaning wave function collapse was a given) and about "shut up and measure".

Point taken, and you're right. However, his previous threads in the Science forum make it blatantly clear that he doesn't give a fuck about actual science, and only seeks to support his silly delusional worldview, so i didn't bother actually giving an argument because it would have been wasted time.

Lady error's argument is ALWAYS: "we don't know the answer to X, therefore magic is real, look, this new age quack says it's true!". Just enjoy going through his replies in Science and see why i didn't bother constructing an actual argument: because you can't cure delusion with logic. If the deluded person understood logic, he wouldn't be deluded in the first place, probably.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
I redact that
that is a... strange choice of words, raw. are you feeling all right? do you perhaps feel like *redacting* anything else? like, most of your replies? or do you feel like leaving forever for a couple hours?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Oh please. There are more than enough people who do that, but most of my posts are in the CRPG threads. Check your stats or something.

In fact, I dislike GD with a passion and only posted in the science and politics sections.

You do realize that by being so butthurt, you're doing exactly what would entertain DarkUnderlord, right?

An intelligent and sophisticated fellow would realize that. But I guess you aren't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom