Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can now embed SoundCloud, Blip.tv and Twitch media

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I haven't. I just noticed the example on the first post is not showing here.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now it works, thanks. In the meanwhile, someone reported it to ghostery ?!?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
DU why didn't you make this a feature for patrons only. You are clearly not thinking monetary enough.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Can it be made possible to embed an entire playlist? This doesn't work with the current method.

this:
Code:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/23132991" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="false" /]

becomes this:
Code:
[media=soundcloud]23132991[/media]

which doesn't work:

Also, what's with this "sea's quest compass" nonsense that appears below an embedded soundcloud song?

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it possible to make the soundcloud player any smaller? Putting several in a row takes up too much space for my liking.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
DarkUnderlord

Is there any chance of us being able to embed archived broadcasts from twitch.tv instead of just the main channel? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I've done a few streams for my Xenonauts Let's Play in the playground, and I'd like to embed them in the thread.

For instance, the first attempt at raiding an alien base is here: http://www.twitch.tv/ulminati/b/522410136

There's an embed link that spits out html looking like this:

Code:
<object bgcolor='#000000' data='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf' height='378' id='clip_embed_player_flash' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='620'>
     <param name='movie' value='http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf'>
     <param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'>
     <param name='allowNetworking' value='all'>
     <param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'>
     <param name='flashvars' value='title=Codexia%2Bvs%2BAlien%2BBase&amp;channel=ulminati&amp;auto_play=false&amp;start_volume=25&amp;archive_id=522410136'>
</object>
<br>
<a href="http://www.twitch.tv/ulminati" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Ulminati on TwitchTV</a>

I'm guessing the "channel=ulminati&amp;auto_play=false&amp;start_volume=25&amp;archive_id=522410136'" part of the last <param> is what points to the channel and redording ID.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Infinitron there's no mention of how you do that ITT, just you requesting it. If it's already implemented, can we augment OP with the syntax required?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Is there any chance of us being able to embed archived broadcasts from twitch.tv instead of just the main channel? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I've done a few streams for my Xenonauts Let's Play in the playground, and I'd like to embed them in the thread.
Yes, I've seen your live feed. Your tactics could use some... improvement.

Infinitron there's no mention of how you do that ITT, just you requesting it. If it's already implemented, can we augment OP with the syntax required?
What do you think this is, some kind of reference thread or something?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
I've seen your live feed. Your tactics could use some... improvement.

All Xenonauts graduate from the Shepard Academy Of Battlefield (A)wesome before they're sent into the field. The commander cannot be blamed if they fail to notice their renegade interrupts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom