Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am tired of fucking medieval sorceress chicks, I want to fuck cyberpunk goth hacker women. I am eagerly waiting for this game.

Cazzeris

If this game is going to be released in consoles is hard to believe that it'll be a "true" cRPG.
I think "Fallout: New Vegas case" won't happen again...

Can't wait to dissapointment.:bounce:

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
You asked?

Could or could not be from the game, dude's done some concept art for CD Projekt at some point at least

moar stuff: http://maciej.cghub.com/images/
600_max.jpg
:what::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Is this project alive, I read somewhere that CD Project is in financial trouble, is this true? This could be an interesting AAA game, if they follow and upgrade where they went with Witcher 3...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm sure they've already surrendered after they'd realised they couldn't topple Shadowrun.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this project alive, I read somewhere that CD Project is in financial trouble, is this true?

Don't believe everything you read on the Codex

We'll know more after Witcher 3 is released next year, there's nothing else to say really.

Is this project alive, I read somewhere that CD Project is in financial trouble, is this true?

Don't believe everything you read on the Codex

We'll know more after Witcher 3 is released next year, there's nothing else to say really.

Well I certainly hope so. For AAA dev, CD Project isn't that bad, and I like cyberpunk genre, so something good could come out of this, since cyberpunk oriented games are pretty rare.

Darth Roxor, I don't know if you're joking or not, I hope you are...

eXalted

Arcane
I guess all their power is poured into Witcher 3. The silence around Cyberpunk 2077 is killing me.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Honestly at start i thought they had great idea in mind for CB2077 but after TW2 and TW3 i don't see them going into proper party base cRPG route focused on gameplay. Though i don't mind their take on CB2077 for storyfags.

I think it is safe to say that CDPR is pure storyfag studio and people looking for gameplay studio should look elsewhere.

Well if they release TW3 and according to trend and my prediction they will soon be Ubisoft/EA/Take2 of Easter Europe with money TW3 will earn and will be able to produce 5-6 games for that money.

Athelas

Arcane
Honestly at start i thought they had great idea in mind for CB2077 but after TW2 and TW3 i don't see them going into proper party base cRPG route focused on gameplay. Though i don't mind their take on CB2077 for storyfags.
What on earth gave you the impression Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be a party-based RPG, much less a party-based cRPG?

I think it is safe to say that CDPR is pure storyfag studio and people looking for gameplay studio should look elsewhere.
That's not really true, they can still look forward to CDPR's unique take on action-RPG gameplay. ('Unique' is not to be confused with 'good'.)

Perkel

Arcane
What on earth gave you the impression Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be a party-based RPG, much less a party-based cRPG?

Early interviews with neckbeard designer shortly after announcement. They were fans of cyberpunk and wanted to do proper PnP to cRPG game.

That's not really true, they can still look forward to CDPR's unique take on action-RPG gameplay. ('Unique' is not to be confused with 'good'.)

Problem is that it requires like you said good gameplay. If gameplay is not good then people will switch to easy mode and go along only for story. Hence storyfag.

Like i said game for storyfags isn't a problem it has its own place to exist but it would be amazing if they could combine both for replay ability of their game.

On other hand i would love to see their attempt at proper storyfag game about cyberpunk. With their quality writing/quest design and world building they could achieve something great.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Early interviews with neckbeard designer shortly after announcement. They were fans of cyberpunk and wanted to do proper PnP to cRPG game.

What CD Projekt defines as "proper PnP to cRPG game" and what you define it as are not the same.

Quoting an old post of mine:

CD Projekt is an action-RPG developer. It's what they do. Stop being surprised all the time

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, they make three storyfag action RPG games on a row, how ever you expected anything different from them?

I'm okay with that, it's just that I'm interested will they make a nice, large cyberpunk open world, like a continuation of open world games they started with Witcher 3...

Perkel

Arcane
What CD Projekt defines as "proper PnP to cRPG game" and what you define it as are not the same.

Then you didn't heard early interviews. They especially talked how they want PnP rules in their cyberpunk game and how they want it to be as close to PnP as possible. They talked about classes, rules, gameplay, pnp structure vs computer game structure, common problems when you try to fold PnP into computer game and so on. It was looking like their take on porting PnP into to computer games like BG2 did

Problem is that after TW2 and with TW3 success i think they abandoned that way and gone into TW like game just in cyberpunk

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Then you didn't heard early interviews. They especially talked how they want PnP rules in their cyberpunk game and how they want it to be as close to PnP as possible. They talked about classes, rules, gameplay, pnp structure vs computer game structure, common problems when you try to fold PnP into computer game and so on. It was looking like their take on porting PnP into to computer games like BG2 did

Problem is that after TW2 and with TW3 success i think they abandoned that way and gone into TW like game just in cyberpunk

I don't remember any of that. I remember them talking about NOT being able to use PnP rules almost immediately from the beginning.

Then again, who knows what stories they tell people in Polish trolololol :outrage:

Well that's a shame, but what can we expect from a console AAA dev? I'd also like it to be PnP, of course, but it just ain't gonna happen with CD Project...

Perkel

Arcane

I don't remember any of that. I remember them talking about NOT being able to use PnP rules almost immediately from the beginning.

Then again, who knows what stories they tell people in Polish trolololol :outrage:

You are right, those interviews were mostly in polish. Neckbeards who talked about it knew their stuff about cyberpunk and pnp and it was clear it wasn't some random choice. They even gone into territory of balancing where they want to be sure that problems with original PnP rules won't be in game (one of the reasons why 2077 and not earlier).

Still this is all speculation naturally on my part (as of their change in game type). Who knows what they actually are doing with source material. Maybe they actually are trying to do something with cyberpunk that will resemble and be playable like cRPG at helm of CDPR are people who are passionate about things.

One thing is sure proper party based cuberpunk game with proper writing would be amazing achievement.

Darkzone

Arcane
Is there a great difference between CP 2020 and CP 2077?
I think that they will make TW3 in the cyberpunk 2020 world, just with the different classes, that are not truly classes (just different unique skills).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom