Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Civilization VI announced and put on Steam for pre-orders

Discussion in 'Tacticular News & Content' started by Zed, May 11, 2016.

1. Agame Educated

Agame
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    This is the key, the battles at this scale have to be abstracted, the only elegant way to do this is like EU4, you build an army (stack) and then they fight another army on an imaginary battlefield with all the proper calculations done under the hood.

Otherwise you have to do the TW thing and "zoom" in for battles, which I guess is what EL sort of tried to do, a middle ground between civ style and TW, but its still seems awkward and wrong.

But civ games have always had derpy combat simulation so I doubt it will ever change.

^ Top  
  2. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Actually Victoria I was better.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Monocause Cipher

Monocause
    Parrots:
    I was sceptical at first due to the visuals overhaul, and I still would prefer a more realistic art direction, but I've followed a few let's plays on YT and I'm quite positive that Civ VI is at least a decent game. The only thing that worried me was the fact that all the youtubers had no issues steamrolling the AI, but at the same time, the difficulty for their preview version was locked at the 'normal' level, so probably piss easy. Especially since it's a preview version aimed specifically for the press so I'd assume that Firaxis didn't want too much whining on the internet.

I'm getting this on release and hopefully a mod revamping the aesthetics will come up soon.

• decline decline x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Parrots:
    The difficulty is the exact same as Civ 5. They addressed that in an interview--no changes. If you only play against AI, it's horrifyingly bad. Which is rather funny, since that's how most people play the game.

^ Top  
  5. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    Thats indeed how i play too, so any reasons to get civ 6 ?

• No No x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Monocause Cipher

Monocause
    Parrots:
    Considering the changes in many systems, and introductions of new ones, this is straight up impossible.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)