Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Console Classics, brings old console games to PC

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, looks like someone finally managed to do "console GOG."

http://www.consoleclassics.co/

Console Classics
Console Classics is committed to bringing some of the all time best forgotten classics ever released on home systems back into your living room – and we’ve got the games to prove it. Action, adventure, sports, puzzle and more available on your PC, iOS and Android devices for the first time ever. With exclusive titles you won’t find anywhere else, you’re sure to rediscover a new gem!

Released:
Buggy (released: http://store.steampowered.com/app/379340/)
N2O: Nitrous Oxide (released: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364840/)

Upcoming:
Tatsunoko Fight
Lucky Luke
Lucky Luke Western Fever
Koudelka
Superstar Dance Club
XS Junior League Soccer
XS Junior League Football
XS Airboat Racing
Actua Ice Hockey
Actua Tennis
Actua Golf 3
Actua Soccer 3
Actua Pool
Gekido
Motorhead
Sol Divide
KKND Krossfire
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
ReLoaded
D (yes, it's Kenji Eno's D)
Virtual Pool 3
Ten Pin Alley
Perfect Weapon
Monster Bass
Mobile Light Force
Mass Destruction
Loaded
Hogs of War
TNN Hardcore 4X4
TNN Motorsports Hardcore TR
Dead in the Water

Huh, I wonder how did they managed to license all these.

edit: So theese are games by Interplay, Infogrames, ASC Games, XS Games, Psikyo and Takara.

Last edited:

A user named cat

As if GOG isn't bad enough selling abandonware and Sega peddling Gen roms on Steam. Now we have PS1 dealers selling bargain bin titles with emulators, fucking nice.

H3yUq3v.jpg

A user named cat

I just checked a couple of the games in my collection that they're selling for $5 a pop and they're awful. The kind of shit you would rent at Blockbuster on a Friday night then feel ashamed of, wanting to return it immediately.

Buggy - :0/5:

0v4JF3H.jpg

N2O - :1/5:

fC58H4e.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
Motorhead

Indeed and the PC version is obviously far superior but you can't buy in on Steam or gog so most modern gamers are

not aware of the game's existence

not interested (play old game lel, no achieverments!!?)

not intelligent enough to install / play it (wats an Izo? isnt installshield a virus?)

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
@up

Abandonware? Ewwww... Emulation? Datz piracyyy!
no Steam = no buy, Gaben bless is the only way to be sure about quality.
who download games from other sources than Steam? And maybe GOG?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
who download games from other sources than Steam? And maybe GOG?
How would you enjoy modern day classics like Dragon Age™:Inquisition brought to you by Bioware™ the division of EA™ when relying only on steam and gog my dear friend? It's Origin™ Store exclusive on PC!
:martini:

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Battle Arena Toshinden had an epic soundtrack + Fo...

Fo is in the sequel too

never forget

pippin

Sega peddling Gen roms on Steam

I'm pretty sure those are ports from a compilation they did for consoles. At least I can play the Shining Force games that way.

Konami should port the Metal Gear games already. Fuck pachinko.

A user named cat

I'm pretty sure those are ports from a compilation they did for consoles. At least I can play the Shining Force games that way.
Why can't you just play them through an emulator? The best Shining Force is on Saturn anyway and plays fine in SSF, as does its translated scenarios.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Why can't you just play them through an emulator? The best Shining Force is on Saturn anyway and plays fine in SSF, as does its translated scenarios.
If you play on emulator your steam friends won't see how old school you are

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Actually - you can add emulator to Steam via "Add nonSteam game". But some of them might count it as betrayal of Lorg Daben.
But I feel that I missed joke here...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom