Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Constructor HD

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Constructor is coming back 30th of january.

constructor1.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
What a completely random game to update to HD.

I would have preferred Mob Rule, personally. And then, tangentially related, Gangsters: Organized Crime.

Don't worry that's just cover, I'm sure like any lazy HD "remake" they haven't actually touched graphic assets in game.

Actually I wonder how will difficulty look like. Constructor is pretty hard game, no chance of selling that in 2015.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm more curious about the SJW reaction to it... it was very critical of pretty much everything. Poors are filthy and dumb scum, rich are snob and dumb douches...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
That's one of the "everyone heard about it" games I never played. Is it actually good? I understand it's basically a Theme X/X Tycoon game?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
While I dislike GOG for selling games that should be free, I consider atrocious the practice of removing games from GOG when they want to sell HD "remakes", or selling them on another distribution service including copy protection.

catfood

AGAIN
That's one of the "everyone heard about it" games I never played. Is it actually good? I understand it's basically a Theme X/X Tycoon game?
The game could have been a very good and unique tycoon, but it has one huge problem: the game demands way too much micromanagement. You must constantly take care of your tenants (they're always complaining about this and that) and of enemy threats. The amount of micro that you have to put up with gets proportionally higher as the game advances. It should have had some more automation functions to help you on later.

I doubt this HD release is going to improve the gameplay in any way though. Shame, because it could have been one of the classics of the genre.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Contructors difficulty makes Dark souls look like easy mode :smug:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Since I have my trusty CDs close at hand I still play Gangsters: Organized Crime and Constructor quite regularly. Both of them run like a charm on my modern degenerate machine and the only problem is the lack of widescreen support. While the distortion isn't exactly horrible, it would be pretty swell to have the authentic aspect ratios restored and play the games as the Gods intended. My only fear is that some slimey Trent Oswald fuck will emerge from the bush, "machete" the code of the forefathers and rape and savage the classics beyond recognition, or as the defiler himself would say, "enhance" them.

I'm more curious about the SJW reaction to it... it was very critical of pretty much everything. Poors are filthy and dumb scum, rich are snob and dumb douches...
:notsureifserious:

Why would SJW's care about content of this old game? They're mostly interested in political leanings of people who make games stuff more than anything. Joss Whedon is prime example, in theory they should care very much about content of his movies but they don't since he's on the circlejerk.

But that's GD retardo stuff so let's stop here (or take it to PM's if you're so inclined, not sure what you would want to discuss or why though...).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom