Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aw yeah, aw yeah.

another one to add to the list "things that keep me try to survive life"

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Amazing how two developers can consistently get system, UI and artistic design right, while bigger teams consistently flounder and stumble.

And the worst part is that the former don't even make a fraction of what the latter do. I swear, this planet...
probably because they based it off "survey", "market analysis", "trends" to maximize profit, and not a mere coincidence, they people they take the data from are mostly retards, idiots, and shills, which make more than 90% the population of this planet

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Amazing how two developers can consistently get system, UI and artistic design right, while bigger teams consistently flounder and stumble.

And the worst part is that the former don't even make a fraction of what the latter do. I swear, this planet...
probably because they based it off "survey", "market analysis", "trends" to maximize profit, and not a mere coincidence, they people they take the data from are mostly retards, idiots, and shills, which make more than 90% the population of this planet

Kickstarter campaigns can fall prey to this kind of dilution as well, not to mention the rampant pandering and tendency to overpromise features. I think that's one of the reasons why most of my favorite games of the past few years have been self-funded Indies.

My ideal type of game is an idiosyncratic passion project, produced in an atmosphere of near total freedom. If that means it'll be created by one person working part-time with primitive art assets, then so be it.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The physical handbooks are turning out neat, we got a real soft felty paper, stained some wood and got some great deerskin. We got a brand for burning a Syndicate a logo in too, that was fun:

SyndicateBooks.JPG

İts time to page mindx2 I guess.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks guys,

We've got a few physical rewards planned: 3d-miniatures of some Copper Dreams characters (and a bloodless hunter from Vol), another round of 100 physical handbooks that come with a code-breaker, and 15 of those are a part of a boxed set with a custom USB with the game, printed ailment/stat reference foldout card and a map. The physical handbooks are turning out neat, we got a real soft felty paper, stained some wood and got some great deerskin. We got a brand for burning a Syndicate a logo in too, that was fun:

SyndicateBooks.JPG

drool2.jpg

Wow... just wow! Please don't make me mortgage my house to have to get this, pretty please. Really Joe and Hannah Whalenought_Joe, those look beautiful. Which reminds me that I never got around to printing up the SitS boxes for you. I will en-devour to rectify that as soon as possible.

... just beautiful, man... beautiful...:love:

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We've got a few physical rewards planned: 3d-miniatures of some Copper Dreams characters (and a bloodless hunter from Vol), another round of 100 physical handbooks that come with a code-breaker, and 15 of those are a part of a boxed set with a custom USB with the game, printed ailment/stat reference foldout card and a map. The physical handbooks are turning out neat, we got a real soft felty paper, stained some wood and got some great deerskin. We got a brand for burning a Syndicate a logo in too, that was fun:

SyndicateBooks.JPG

These look outstanding, but I'm not really convinced that they're appropriate for a cyberpunk title.
Sleek wood and metal screw heads scream industrial era to me. Think something like Arcanum instead of Copper Dreams.

ce0f0ab1bed842030ec136d221cfa9dd.jpg

This, on the other hand...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:lol: that looks pretty silly cyber. On the other hand you're right about the wood/leather manual, while it's great as a quality structure it doesn't fit very much with the theme of the game. If it had some kind of metal (copper? ;) ) plate instead of wood, it would fit better.

Mustawd

^lol

Miniatures you say? First day purchase. Well, 4th day purchase for when I get paid again. With my luck all the physical rewards will be gone!

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm very interested in the vertical element, it's something missing from CRPGs in general. Hopefully it's not just a combat gimmick.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
18091]Whalenought_Joe[/USER] Any way to reserve one of those boxed sets now? :martini:

We can do 15 of the boxed editions for that tier — I think you'll be good! I'll remind you when it's up.

CyberWhale It's a much more dystopian cyberpunk setting rather than the flashy blade-runner/neon light kind. Something like Escape from New York with the bureaucracy (and ducts) of the movie Brazil. The book is an official handbook by the syndicate you are 'employed' by, they like to keep things orderly, we aimed to reflect that.

If it had some kind of metal (copper? ;) ) plate instead of wood, it would fit better.

We actually tried that as one of the covers in a prototype! We liked it but it did feel a little cheeky, and would have regrettably been too costly to order enough metal sheets for all the covers again, as we wanted to do another 100.

I'm very interested in the vertical element, it's something missing from CRPGs in general. Hopefully it's not just a combat gimmick.

Most all navigation will be very dependent on the use of height, though is used as combat challenge roll modifier in combat as well as a good way of escaping enemies to end combat. Having multiple entrances into complexes in obscure ways will be the foundation of the level design, so we're planning to use it as much as possible in the maps.

Lucky

Arcane
Most all navigation will be very dependent on the use of height, though is used as combat challenge roll modifier in combat as well as a good way of escaping enemies to end combat. Having multiple entrances into complexes in obscure ways will be the foundation of the level design, so we're planning to use it as much as possible in the maps.

Will these entrances lend themselves to planning your route? Such as you start with varying decrees of information on the complex - the construction plans for the building, some intel on where a group of guards is stationed, etc. - and pick your entry point and approach accordingly? I'm getting some (non-magic) Shadowrun/Cyberpunk vibes from this, so I was wondering to what degree planning your run is possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom