Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cosmodog - turn-based exploration focused adventure game

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
https://armitage81.itch.io/cosmodog

Cosmodog is a fast-paced, turn-based adventure game that can be downloaded for free under http://www.cosmodog.eu/cosmodog.html.

Here are some screenshots

In Cosmodog, you will find:

• Retro style visuals a la 8/16 bit
  • A hand crafted sci-fi open world with enemies, collectibles, secrets, giant worms, labyrinths, teleports and vehicles.
  • Many gadgets that increase your stats and unlock new areas of the game world
  • A sci-fi narration with a broken AI as one of the protagonists.
The game was developed in Java and can be played on Windows systems. It was tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10. You don't need anything to play the game. Just download and unzip the file and click cosmodog.exe.

I've been working on this game for ca. 3 years and would be glad to read some feedback at feedback@cosmodog.eu or here
qrrzQ%2B.png

I didn't know where to put that, it is not really an RPG but it's even less a classic adventure game, it is actually more of a turn-based (roguelike style) Zelda than anything else. It is sci-fi, turn-based, and you're looking for tools (boat, pick, axe, probably some anti-rad something...) to progress in a big handcrafted open-world with tons of secrets where everything kills you (you can save whenever you want though'), and the fact the world is handcrafted world is really what's making the game for me compared to similar games I could have played. I am having fun, the game does not seem too buggy so far.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
He added a trailer which gives a better idea of what you'll face :

My own impressions after playing the game :

The world is well crafted, nor too small nor too big and delivers nice exploration. Here and there you solve a puzzle, find a more or less hidden new weapon, some water or ammo supplies or some tool assisting in your exploration or unlocking a couple of locked small area, dying a lot in the process to radiations, mines and various enemies. As you find notes and alien artifacts (some easier to reach than others) you uncover the story of the world and of your past and eventually unlock the ending parts.

Combat is simple probably to a fault, you can't shoot from a distance and success boils down to have the right approach toward the different enemies, having enough ammos of the appropriate weapon (which means strong enough) and/or enough HPs. A car can sometimes help too. In theory you try to avoid enemies as much as you can but it depends on the situation, half of the time you can't. Anyway, managing your resources is cool and all things considered it's not that bad.

The game is fun ; it is also stable, the rare bugs I encountered were very minor ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom