Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkfall Unholy Wars Free for 5 days (May 1-5)

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This week marks the one year anniversary for Darkfall Unholy Wars. To celebrate, we've organized an extended party weekend between May 1st and May 5th. During this time everyone’s invited to play Darkfall Unholy Wars for free and to participate in Anniversary activities – whether you’re a returning player or someone who has never tried it before. Details can be found below, along with our Anniversary Video.

Link to Official Website:
http://www.darkfallonline.com/

http://www.darkfallonline.com/
One Year Anniversary Video:

Norfleet

I'm not really sure what the point of playing a game for merely 5 days is. What's the point of playing if you're just going to have to quit 5 days later, probably before you've accomplished anything of worth?

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well someone may have wanted to try the game but not sign up for a subscription or pay base game price.
5 days allows a player to basically explore the game's starter areas, level up a couple of classes to low level, try out crafting & resource collecting, etc.

I would imagine Aventurine is hoping to entice back some people who quit by allowing them to check out new features and the state of the game. Maybe some new players would sub for a while?

A 6-month sub is $4.17/month + $12.95 base game price. Not too bad all considered.

DefJam101

Arcane
As an ex-Darkfall player I'll be back to check it out, but I highly, highly doubt they've dug this game out of its hole.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I'd download it and give it another go, but I'm quite sure that it would take until May 6th just to download and patch the damn client. Plus I will need to upgrade my PC: Despite what they say, this game doesn't support 32-bit Windows.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
sorry, after paying for this for years, now i won't even play it for free.
fuck you AV, fuck your customer service, fuck your community of retards and fuck your inability to make something potentially great anything more than a slightly polished turd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom