Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline of 'Decline of the Codex'

Lumpy

Arcane
Remember how back in the day, 'Decline of the Codex' referred to something specific - the invasion of lulz that made the site a worse place. Nowadays, 'Decline of the Codex' is thrown around without much thought put into its meaning - some people saying the Codex is worse simply for the lulz, without giving solid arguments for the so called Decline.
I suggest everyone who posts 'Decline of the Codex' without properly explaining what he is referring to should be banned. Let's make a common effort to return to the Golden Age of whining about returning to the Golden Age of the Codex.

wjw

Augur
The Codex is a unique website, redefining the standard for critics on gaming industry. With it's powerful, and extremly customable lay out, it succeeds at being an entertaining web site with at least 300+ hours of content. The massive amount of content, which is not generic, but all hand placed is emotionally charged and innovative. As many have stated, beign part of the Codex offers an epic experience that is compelling and extremly immersive. Some collar grabbing articles succeed at destroying every aspect of new-born next-gen games like Bethesda's - staying true to the series - Fallout 3 and -building on the traditions of Baldur's Gate - Dragon Age: Origine.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MAtteo%20Recliner.jpg

Recliner of the Codex.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Codex
The Codex's
The Codex
The Codex

Declension of the Codex

Truth

Scholar
Brother None said:
Recliner of the Codex.
(Bolded and italicized by myself merely for emphasis)

Was this really necessary? One could surmise from the picture that it is in fact a recliner.

*Sigh* Decline of the decline of the decline of the Codex.

Texas Red

Whiner
JarlFrank said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Das untergang des Codex

It's der Untergang des Codex. Decline of teh grammarz.

You can't expect foreigners to learn your wacky rules. I've studied German since when I was 9 and I haven't seen anyone who could master your das, der, dem, des etc.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dark Individual said:
JarlFrank said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Das untergang des Codex

It's der Untergang des Codex. Decline of teh grammarz.

You can't expect foreigners to learn your wacky rules. I've studied German since when I was 9 and I haven't seen anyone who could master your das, der, dem, des etc.
True, give me some slack JFrank, I'm not some Beer-guzzling-nazi. On the other hand Polish also isn't the easiest.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Decline of foreigners trying to use German grammar.

Oh well, no problem, it's good enough that you know the German words. That's more than 90% of this world's population knows about German.

DarkSign

Erudite
Despite the fact that I've identified the Decline of the Codex, I will agree with the original poster. Why? Because we're past the point of no return.

Simply put, the forum has made a marked change and the people remaining find it painful to hear. The admins dont want to hear it because it's their creation and first love. The perpetrators don't want to hear it because for the first time in their lives they're the cool kids. The citizens won't listen because they're attracted to what the perpetrators are doing. To say that it would fall on deaf ears is an understatement 2 teh EXTREEEM.

But none of this rambling amounts to a proof of the occurrence of the change which is what the OP really wants "solid arguments" for. I could do it, but it'd never be accepted even if the logic was frawress, because it goes to the heart of unspeakable things.

I'm not saying I hate the place. Just remember a time when it was much, much different.

Helton

Arcane
I want to hear your frawress logic, Darksign.

*Know* that my ears are not deaf to the plight of our people. They are afflicted by Vilquar's Eye, and what they choose not to see will soon devour them. You and I, Darksign, we can fight with Two Blades as One and tame the *chaos*. Endure, brother, and in enduring grow strong.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wolfenstein1942 said:
Ich habe keine Codex.
Thank you. That was beutiful.

Dark Individual said:
You have to belong to the master race to master our grammar.

Also: Decline²

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
JarlFrank said:
Oh well, no problem, it's good enough that you know the German words. That's more than 90% of this world's population knows about German.
JFrank, look sweety, we are next-door-neighbours so it's obvious we know each other... and besides, I have your car.

Nedrah

Erudite
DarkSign said:
But none of this rambling amounts to a proof of the occurrence of the change which is what the OP really wants "solid arguments" for. [...]
I'm not saying I hate the place. Just remember a time when it was much, much different.

I don't believe anyone who was around before the cool kids got their 15 minutes would argue about that, solid arguments or not.

Right now the codex needs more nazi and less modspam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom