Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Defenders of Naxia. A Deep Story-driven Roguelite ARPG!

A user named cat

All you've essentially stated is that D1 was slower and more difficult, which it was.
Nope, i also mentioned storytelling on D1, and the fact that you need to adjust your gameplay according to what resources you had available in any given run.
Diablo 1 was a fun game with a great atmosphere and very well thought out elements. Insisting that its the same as diablo 2 is like saying morrowind and oblivion are the same game.
Id advice you to just stick to editing images.
A Diablo clone is a Diablo clone. None of them are barely any different in gameplay and style, I can't state it any other ways or any simpler. From D1 to bottom barrel releases like Loki and Legend: Hand of God. All the same copy-pasted shit, different smell.

Morrowind and Oblivion are the same genre and feature the same gameplay styles, just like D1 and D2. No idea why you brought them up. I'm not saying both Diablo's are the same game; I'm saying they both feature the same tired comatose-inducing mechanics and combat which is about as enjoyable as visiting the Politics subforum. You can claim, "But but but D1 has less resources and you must prioritize the meanie monsters this way and that. OOooh more atmosphere too!" all you like. It's the same fucking game at its core and the same garbage combat from the same garbage genre.

I'd advise you to stop playing shitty games.

almondblight

Arcane
Hmm...this is like someone who hates TB games telling you that Wasteland 2 and ToEE are the same because they both feature the same boring TB gameplay.

Lhynn

Arcane
A Diablo clone is a Diablo clone. None of them are barely any different in gameplay and style, I can't state it any other ways or any simpler. From D1 to bottom barrel releases like Loki and Legend: Hand of God. All the same copy-pasted shit, different smell.

Morrowind and Oblivion are the same genre and feature the same gameplay styles, just like D1 and D2. No idea why you brought them up. I'm not saying both Diablo's are the same game; I'm saying they both feature the same tired comatose-inducing mechanics and combat which is about as enjoyable as visiting the Politics subforum. You can claim, "But but but D1 has less resources and you must prioritize the meanie monsters this way and that. OOooh more atmosphere too!" all you like. It's the same fucking game at its core and the same garbage combat from the same garbage genre.

I'd advise you to stop playing shitty games.
You are not making any sense. You may find them alike but im telling you they are nothing alike, you refuse to acknowledge this in your cucked ways because you are a cuck and cucks are blind.
Diablo 1 and diablo 2 are completely different and you may as well compare diablo 1 to painkiller or doom if you are willing to overlook all the nuances. "but they all have demonic shit".

I know it may be hard to understand because you are too old, stupid or tired to put in the effort, but when you have a game with a slow pace about player judgement with most options remaining available through the game and then you have a fast paced game about puting points into a skiltree and using the skill in which you have invested the most then the gameplay in both games is completely different, it presents a completely different set of challenges and demands a completely different set of skills, then that means they are completely different games.

And yes, i am aware of the codex tradition of generalizing everything that you dont like and putting it into one big bag of "NO" so when prompted all you have to say "they are the same shit", but you are wrong. Now if you would proceed to shut up and fuck off or at least give an intelligible argument as to why this isnt the case id be very grateful.

Last edited:

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Fucking diablo 2...i still remember when my account got banned for map hacking, so many hours lost down the drain. lvl 90 pally, lvl 80 zon with a perfect buriza that i traded like 15 stone of jordan rings for. Fuck you blizzard never again.

Ahhhh those were the days...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You are not making any sense. You may find them alike but im telling you they are nothing alike, you refuse to acknowledge this in your cucked ways because you are a cuck and cucks are blind.
Diablo 1 and diablo 2 are completely different and you may as well compare diablo 1 to painkiller or doom if you are willing to overlook all the nuances. "but they all have demonic shit".

I know it may be hard to understand because you are too old, stupid or tired to put in the effort, but when you have a game with a slow pace about player judgement with most options remaining available through the game and then you have a fast paced game about puting points into a skiltree and using the skill in which you have invested the most then the gameplay in both games is completely different, it presents a completely different set of challenges and demands a completely different set of skills, then that means they are completely different games.

And yes, i am aware of the codex tradition of generalizing everything that you dont like and putting it into one big bag of "NO" so when prompted all you have to say "they are the same shit", but you are wrong. Now if you would proceed to shut up and fuck off or at least give an intelligible argument as to why this isnt the case id be very grateful.
Nah, sorry. Phantasmal is kinda right on this one.

They are both H&S games and thus pretty similar. They might be very far away within the H&S genre, suprisingly far even considering both have the same name and story.
But in the end, you let someone sit in front of those games who is new to the genre or gaming and he will say "Oh, they are pretty much the same, I like them! (or not)"
You can always count on the uneducated to recognize similarities where other people with more knowledge about the inner details have lost that ability.

But seriously, yes, a H&S is a H&S, just as an RTS is always an RTS.
The differences are details and more for the hardcore crowd to go and be picky about.

A user named cat

I seriously can't comprehend what part of "Diablo clone is a Diablo clone" he doesn't get. So defiant in his white knighting. I own both games still somewhere in a box, I really don't want to reinstall to refreshen my memory of how boring they are. There is no getting through to some newfags I guess. There are no other games to compare them to or any need to.

Bringing up turn-based titles and the like is pointless because turn-base is vastly superior in all regards by fucking default, even in its most infantile forms. Diablo is the kind of thing you play with eyes half-closed and a shirt covered in Dorito crumbs. The kind of games that were only enjoyable when playing with friends. Single player was like masturbating a limp dick without a climax.

Divine Divinity has been the only exception to the rule over the past 15 or so years due to its many other quality elements. Possibly Nox and Depths of Peril too but that is stretching it.

D1 and D2 are incredibly similar in most regards, to continue arguing otherwise is so god damn pointless. They're both mindless and represent every part of the decline of modern RPGs as much as Oblivion does. It's a stupid shit genre that should've died over a decade ago, yet here we are with another entry and a select few knuckle draggers clinging onto this trash like those who follow Obisidian projects.

Lhynn

Arcane
D1 and D2 are incredibly similar in most regards, to continue arguing otherwise is so god damn pointless. They're both mindless and represent every part of the decline of modern RPGs as much as Oblivion does. It's a stupid shit genre that should've died over a decade ago, yet here we are with another entry and a select few knuckle draggers clinging onto this trash like those who follow Obisidian projects.
What are "most regards" you retarded cuck. If gameplay, narrative, art and mechanics are out. All you have left is camera and maybe some of the itemization.
In "most regards" they couldnt be more different. And your rhetoric of "but they are in the same genre" is equally stupid when you consider that games like final fantasy tactics and Jagged Alliance 2 are also within the same genre, yet saying they are the same game is completely retarded.
Fucking hell man, you are so full of the retarded notions you would argue from a place of ignorance.

Also is you dislike H&S in all its forms then what the fuck are you even doing in a thread about some shitty H&S you imbecile, you are ignorant on the subject, you have absolutely nothing to add and are wasting your time and my time because you simply are oblivious of the finer points of the genre.

A user named cat

:lol: I've never seen someone go Hiver over shitty Diablo before, congratulations. You are acting like I have you pinned down and I'm shoving a rusty dildo into your every hole, forcing you to keep replying, crying and white knighting your terrible taste. I have nothing else to add because you're absolutely braindead on this matter. Apparently in shit taste land, Diablo 1 has completely different gameplay than Diablo 2. One game you hold down mouse to attack, the other game you mash it. My mind is fucking blown at the tactical diversity and huge differences, you win.

This topic isn't about hack and slash, this topic is about stupid Diablo clones and the entire ballsweat sub-genre you seem to lap up like milk from your mom's sagging tits. Don't you belong on RPG Watch where people think Diablo is a top 10 gem?

A user named cat

IUOl432.jpg

Lhynn

Arcane
:lol: I've never seen someone go Hiver over shitty Diablo before, congratulations. You are acting like I have you pinned down and I'm shoving a rusty dildo into your every hole, forcing you to keep replying, crying and white knighting your terrible taste. I have nothing else to add because you're absolutely braindead on this matter. Apparently in shit taste land, Diablo 1 has completely different gameplay than Diablo 2. One game you hold down mouse to attack, the other game you mash it. My mind is fucking blown at the tactical diversity and huge differences, you win.

This topic isn't about hack and slash, this topic is about stupid Diablo clones and the entire ballsweat sub-genre you seem to lap up like milk from your mom's sagging tits. Don't you belong on RPG Watch where people think Diablo is a top 10 gem?
So the asshat has no argument to back up his claims. So he resorts to diminishing the importance of the argument itself. Color me fucking surprised.

You should limit yourself to what you know phantasmal, there are plenty of shitty .gif that need editing, maybe you could make one about this argument, id brofist you and everything, no matter how full of shit it would end up being.

Severian Silk

Sadly, if the devs' name were Blizzard they would be at the $3.5mil stretch goal already, even with that horrible music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
From what I recall, the only remote difference in D1 was you had to mouse button mash to attack while in D2 you could hold it down. Wow, holy shit, how vastly different and unique.
But seriously, yes, a H&S is a H&S, just as an RTS is always an RTS.
D1 and D2 are incredibly similar in most regards

:nocountryforshitposters:

You should be ashamed of yourself. Because things you've said in this thread are retarded. Comparing D1 and D2 as similiar games is simply Japan, there is no other word for it.

But thinking you can complete D1 by mindlessly mashing mouse 1 button is a whole new level of cuckery. I bet you play Dungeon Crawl by clicking TAB until you die.

Also, that game in OP is shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom