Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

Alfons

Prophet
[screenshot of a trailer for a game that isn't human revolution]
That's not Human Revolution nor a screenshot of a game :smug:
:lol:
When you're right you're right. How about this?
deus-ex-human-revolution-screenshots-oxcgn-30.jpg

Siobhan

Arbiter
The first thing I am going to in-game when I come across this piece of "art" is attempt to smash the shit out of it.
You're presupossing that

A) some scenes in the trailer are actually modeled after in-game levels, and
B) you won't be stuck in a cutscene that yanks control away from your character.

Didn't know you were such an optimist, CyberP.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The first thing I am going to in-game when I come across this piece of "art" is attempt to smash the shit out of it.
You're presupossing that

A) some scenes in the trailer are actually modeled after in-game levels, and

Another shot of the structure:

dawn-engine-deus-ex.jpg

It is safe to assume it will be in the game. It could be restricted to a cutscene though, certainly.

Didn't know you were such an optimist, CyberP.

Highly optimistic about smashing up all the artwork that took years of hard work to make. ...I jest.

tuluse said:
I actually thought it worked pretty good.

It worked, but it is shallow, intrusive and not Deus Ex. Deus Ex is Hard Sci-Fi. It is masterful game design (though with some poor execution in some respects). A logical progression of grand concepts that came before. Then some popamole devs enter with a little bit of creative freedom and little love or insight (presumably) for what Deus Ex represented and this is the "good for what it is" result.
But hey, Invisible War exists. For that Eidos Montreal are essentially given a free pass to rape Deus Ex's corpse as they please.

Last edited:
I am not holding my breath for Mankind Divided too much, but I will definitely give it a chance when it's out. I liked Human Revolution so much that I decided to pay for Director's Cut... which came with integrated Missing Link DLC which is fucking horrible. I didn't know it had this unskippable piece of shit of a DLC and I never asked for this.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am not holding my breath for Mankind Divided too much, but I will definitely give it a chance when it's out. I liked Human Revolution so much that I decided to pay for Director's Cut... which came with integrated Missing Link DLC which is fucking horrible. I didn't know it had this unskippable piece of shit of a DLC and I never asked for this.
Weird, everything else I've seen here points to Missing Link being better than the OC. Now I don't know what to think - luckily I have other games more important than a HR replay anyway.

Weird, everything else I've seen here points to Missing Link being better than the OC. Now I don't know what to think - luckily I have other games more important than a HR replay anyway.

It's harder than OC, that's for sure, so I guess it's better than OC in that. But it has this really cheapo villain and throws at you this pathethic video game "deep morality" with villain guy going "I tortured and killed hundred of innocent people, but ye killed one guy in self defence so u as bad as me lel" and game is fucking serious with that.*

* I also wanted to point out that gameplay wise Missing Link is just linear series of corridors but whole Human Revolution is pretty much like that. So I decided to bitch about story and dialogues.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Go with the majority opinion

bloodlover

Arcane
The yellow overkill might also be related to esthetics. The colours and industrial dystopias are representative of the cyberpunk genre, from Metropolis to Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell. In many cases this yellow from the game is replaced by neon blue or mostly anything that the mind creating it sees as futuristic.

T. Reich

Arcane
The yellow overkill might also be related to esthetics. The colours and industrial dystopias are representative of the cyberpunk genre, from Metropolis to Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell. In many cases this yellow from the game is replaced by neon blue or mostly anything that the mind creating it sees as futuristic.

It's not "might", it's "definitely, because the devs said so many times in the interviews". Same aesthetic reasons why your piss filter gets replaced by monochrome bleached white filter the moment you enter Megan Reed's room.

Alfons

Prophet
Do you live in a smog-free area then?

Here's some real-life piss filters for you.
DSC_0267.JPG
singapore-smog-night.jpg
20100623-UB26.jpg

You can find more by googling "smog at night".
:? Are you serious with this shit?
Let's start with the fact that the photo of the road with the cars has yellow lights, that's it. Nothing in bathed in piss like the other photos or anything in HR. The other 2 are closer to HR only fucking problem is that you can only see a few meters ahead so clearly there's something in the air. With the photo I posted there's no smog or fog it's just yellow lights galore. But I suppose the interior of structures just has smog too right?
2.jpg

T. Reich

Arcane

DUDE. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN BE SO OBTUSE ABOUT A FUCKING COLOUR.

IT'S CALLED ARTISIC LICENSE. IF THEY WANT TO BATHE THE WORLD IN GOLD BECAUSE THEY FEEL IT BETTER CONVEYS WHATEVER ATMOSPHERE THEY WANTED TO CREATE IN THE GAME - IT'S THEIR FUCKING CALL.

Stop with this piss filter bullshit already. Your whining will not make it go away.

Or do you want to whine about DX1 being all blue-and-gray and DX:IW being all purple as well?

Alfons

Prophet
Dude, I said from the start that it's a stylistic choice. You are the one that's trying to bullshit a logical explanation for why everything is yellow.

As far as whining goes. I don't have as much of a problem with the monochrome color scheme as much as I have with the explanation you're trying to shoehorn.

T. Reich

Arcane
Dude, I said from the start that it's a stylistic choice. You are the one that's trying to bullshit a logical explanation for why everything is yellow.

As far as whining goes. I don't have as much of a problem with the monochrome color scheme as much as I have with the explanation you're trying to shoehorn.

Then the irony was lost on you. A good while ago.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted

Go with the majority opinion

No. They toned down the piss lighting (black & gold still remained a major theme of course), fixed the approach to bosses, and what else? Yes, they also made it so you couldn't max all augs, but that went out the window when they integrated it with the DC (should have just been part of the main game to begin with).
Ultimately it was a very minor improvement. Certainly not the best DLC, that would be the Gun Runner's Arsenal for 50 pence. Amazing value for money and enriches the actual game. Missing Link enriches HR in "missing" (read: redacted) plot only.

Here's some real-life piss filters for you"

Except it isn't smog/pollution in HR. The place looks rather clean and the air clear, even in street gang territory. It is an artistic theme NOT grounded in reality. No camera filters are even used to achieve this effect IIRC, it is all colored lighting, perhaps a very minor touch of global ambient lighting (kinda like a filter), and choice of color pallet in textures, colors used for everything right down to HUD & highlighting for ladders.
In DX1 we could pick our own fucking HUD color themes.

Then the irony was lost on you. A good while ago.

:/

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Or do you want to whine about DX1 being all blue-and-gray

:nocountryforshitposters:

Even those films knew when to stop.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Pink/magenta filter would make these 'conversational battles' a lot more hilarious.
Also, EM moderators went full 'wtf' on my writing style, and now I have to say goodbye to my usual rants. Oh boy.
I need to restock on my ammunition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom