Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 1 is pretty swell

Aww, no reply to my first remark?

You pointed out that Diablo 2 characters sometimes use 2 skills. Alright?

They most certainly give no where near the amount of information needed.

What info is lacking?

Skills are non-linear in their effects. Showing just the next level tells you nothing about what its like at level 20 or higher. Nevermind figuring out how different effects stack, you might as well just load up a character editor and make the final product if you want to see what it does.

Because better class variety matters little when the game plays substantially worse.

How is the game-play significantly worse? It seems like this is a mere matter of opinion.

Player is faster than virtually all monsters, making positioning and tactics irrelevant.

Players carry endless amounts of potions and life/mana steal equipment, such that enemy damage is entirely irrelevant unless it OHKOs you.

No Friendly Fire in MP by default.

Able to endlessly grind enemies for loot and xp.

I can name more if you need.

No, those two areas are about the full extent of areas that play different from the rest (which are always wide open). And they are short.

Maybe they're just the only ones you can remember, because I just mentioned them to you?

No I remembered them quite well. Feel free to name another area that isn't a side area that no one would ever go into.

Because item farming is a shitty part of a game?

Is it? So why would you deem the cube to be the worst thing to happen to the game, if it cuts down on something you think is shitty?

The cube is in because Diablo 2 is about item farming, so it is bad. The correct solution is to stop item farming, not retarded measures that lower the grind by 1/10th.

Also retarded recipe systems that requires online guides to sort out are always a bad thing. The limit of the "good" parts for the cube are combining gems and such, which is hardly a big deal. Normal vendors should be able to do that.

No intelligent game forces you to play super-pussy mode two times just to be allowed to play normal difficulty.

Hell is normal difficulty to you? Welcome back to my iggy bin, shitstain.

Are you trying to act retarded or did you seriously think that this was a worthwhile response?

Lhynn

Arcane
Damage from charms would pale in comparison to combat mastery and you would lack the increased AR and critical strike chance bestowed by CM, the bread n butter skill of the barb.
Sure, that doesnt make final bosses unkillable by fisting. it just took longer to bring them down, but hey, i had bragging rights with my circle of friends.

Farming generally means killing shit over and over for experience/drops, yes. You'd have to farm more than Hell Bloodmoor to find godly rares for a barb. I think you must have farmed your ass off; you just don't remember because you haven't played in a while.
Game accomodates for this by throwing infinite respawning enemies at you, and no, didnt "farm my ass off". Really Lilura, even at the highest difficulty diablo 2 isnt that hard. And since when is difficulty by itself any indicator of quality?

Nothing. Single player has ironman and Hell just the same; it poses many challenges.
Ironman doesnt make it harder, it just punishes your mistakes more.

It isn't just bloated numbers, though; it's also increased enemy density, variety and abilities; plus most Hell-capable builds gain access to extra abilities through Rare mods, set mods and runewords by that time, making Hell the most rewarding, variable and fun difficulty level (Hell ironman being the ultimate outside of mods).
So its not just bloated numbers, its bloated passives as well. also "hell capable"? any character can go tru hell if you play enough. Also rewarding? whats the reward exactly? killing baal for the third time?
Play dins curse or play roguelikes, you speak of D2 as if it was this amazing thing when it was a really fun game for a while, but not much more than that.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think someone did.

And in this fake edit you can see, someone did:

With predictable results.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom