Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Server???

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dammit, I bought the game in a temporary moment of stupidity but my shitty connection makes it virtually unplayable. 95% of the time I'm stuck in lag with only a few seconds of normal play inbetween.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Meanwhile, the console version cna be played offline with no lag whatsoever :codexisfor:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
imma gonna play a barb00rian in the ladder season.
hardcore, of course.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Dammit, I bought the game in a temporary moment of stupidity but my shitty connection makes it virtually unplayable. 95% of the time I'm stuck in lag with only a few seconds of normal play inbetween.

Blizzard's servers are probably still getting DDOS'ed.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

It's not likely to stop until they take a clear stance against violence against female video game developers.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

I don't think it's their servers (or at least not just their servers). I've been monitoring my connection, it dives every minute or so, but when D3 is running it drops to nothing and stays there most of the time. I did get a couple of minutes to try out the crusader before it dropped to shit again and smacking shit with a flail feels pretty good.

I don't even need an off-line mode, I'd settle for just a check whenever I switch areas instead of this constantly online stupid shit.

Gregz

Arcane

It's not likely to stop until they take a clear stance against violence against female video game developers.

Or stop making shit games.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

I don't think it's their servers (or at least not just their servers). I've been monitoring my connection, it dives every minute or so, but when D3 is running it drops to nothing and stays there most of the time. I did get a couple of minutes to try out the crusader before it dropped to shit again and smacking shit with a flail feels pretty good.

I don't even need an off-line mode, I'd settle for just a check whenever I switch areas instead of this constantly online stupid shit.

Try this.

1) Run http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

2) Check "Modify All Adapters", at the bottom select "Optimal" configuration, Apply, OK, say NO to restart.

3) Run http://www.leatrix.com/leatrix-latency-fix, click "Install"

4) Restart computer (don't just cycle your network connection)

NOTE: You can undo all of this by running Leatrix util again and selecting "Remove", then running TCP/IP optimizer and doing the same thing as before, but with "Windows defaults".

NOTE #2: Leatrix utility may cause problems with other types of TCP/IP traffic. It is generally not recommended to force ACK packets, which is what it does, but for problematic MMO experiences this can sometimes fix problems. It also disables NAGLE algorithm with its packet buffering, which is potentially a good thing for MMO-type games, but can also impact other TCP/IP traffic negatively.

bonescraper

If anyone wants to derp together and/or compare dicks, add me: bonescraper#2992, EU server.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I got a good couple of hours of mostly uninterrupted play yesterday. Even on hard my Crusader was barely taking any damage. The one time my health went down to 50% was when I lagged for minutes. When the game recovered there were still skeletons wailing on her. Not that the game was hard when I played the trial version a few months back but this is ridiculous. Did they alter the difficulty of the early game? If so, why?

bonescraper

Did they alter the difficulty of the early game? If so, why?
Yes, they did. There were 4 difficutly levels once, now there are 10. Just find somethig you feel comfortable with. Why did they did that? Because the game grows larger and your stats reach ridiculous levels. My monk currently can crit for 27.000.000.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Did they alter the difficulty of the early game? If so, why?
Yes, they did. There were 4 difficutly levels once, now there are 10. Just find somethig you feel comfortable with. Why did they did that? Because the game grows larger and your stats reach ridiculous levels. My monk currently can crit for 27.000.000.

Actually there were 4 difficulty levels once + 10 adjustable for each of the levels. They dumbed it down, added level scaling and whatnot, ruining what little fun leveling gameplay had going on.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ClS75AN.jpg

AND SO IT BEGINS!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
played a barb solo, BLACKMETAL, to level 14-16 or something. then I died from getting chain-frozen.

so I rerolled another barb, DEATHMETAL, and now I'm level 34, playing campaign in public open games.

barbarian is the most boring class to play, but I figured I should bring one of each class to 70.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If this seasonal stuff has shown me anything, it's how absolutely pants-shit retarded the leveling system now is with the level scaling. It was hard to make leveling even worse in Diablo 3 but fuck if they succeeded in that greatly.

Black

Arcane
This day keeps on giving. I made some adjustments to my build and wham, gained 150k dps. Then i found a set amulet just lying on the ground (?). Now i can move from torment I to torment III.

Paragon 1000, fuck. I'm not even 100 yet.

You should be rolling in the new legendary gems if you aren't already. Regardless of your gear level, they represent a doubling or even more of your effective DPS.
What gems are you using that'd do that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom