Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
It's like going 15 years to the past.

That guy died a couple of years ago by the way.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Anyone playing in the new season?

I got a barbarian to 70 in seasonal hardcore, on EU. Took two evenings...
sNFKqio.jpg

Hail Satan

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dunno if it's the newest season, but I took a Witch Doctor to Level 70 hardcore like one month or sommat ago because I was at a LAN with some friends.

They power-leveled me with their level 70 characters. Took about 4 or 5 hours.

Gearing was a bit more involved, but it is one of the most retarded experiences I've had with a game lately.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I saw plenty of absolutely retarded weapon designs in my life, but this "Furnace-on-a-stick" beats them all...
hahaha, yes. I think it's from owning the latest WoW expansion.

Black

Arcane
Today I got my first ancient legendary 1h sword! Diablo be praised!
kF43jE5.png

:happytrollboy::desu:

Last edited:
I've had the expansion for over a year, and only played like an hour or so. I tried again a couple of days ago and actually fell asleep on the keyboard. Literally.

It made me pretty sad, actually. Blizzard is a joke now.

Angthoron

Arcane
So looks like while the rest of Blizzard felt that having more stats and things of that nature was a bad idea, the D3 team decided to sneak in more customization for the next patch/season:

New Artifact: Kanai’s Cube

Those who played Diablo II might remember the Horadric Cube, a unique device which allowed you to combine items. Useful as it was, it was easily surpassed in power by the item from which it originated, Kanai’s Cube. In Patch 2.3.0, players will be able to discover this powerful ancient relic and utilize its incredible potential, including the ability to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills (which are separate from your other passive skills), convert crafting materials from one type to another, and so much more.

On top of that, seems like they've gone and paid the artists to make some new stuff:

New Zone: Ruins of Sescheron

In Patch 2.3.0, the frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron will open for exploration. Here you’ll face off against strange new enemies and perilous environmental hazards, all while unearthing new mysteries from the lore of the mighty Barbarians. Those brave enough to make it through in one piece will discover curious new points of interest, including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

I figured I'd give the PTR a try (because 2000% increased Legendary Item chances, why not), and... It actually doesn't suck. Breaking down the loot to add passives requires a bit of farm though, so I didn't get to it, but the new zone is actually pretty interesting, and it seems Blizz actually realized that HEY, adding cool shit like secrets behind seemingly solid walls was a good thing!

Overall, seems like the D3 team is actually getting their shit together bit by bit. It's still nowhere near the depth and variety of PoE(xile, obviously), but for what started as D3 vanilla trainwreck, this is actually getting pretty decent.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
new season hits tomorrow.

I'll be playing a hardcore wiz on EU.

Iajawl

Surprised that so many people did spread open wide for D3 let alone the expansion. First Diablo was the only good one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom