Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty sure Diablo3 didn't have proper CGI cutscenes except for the intro.

And there is one at ending although very very short, this one don't have an ending CGI, just that new kind of drawing stlye cutscenes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well I got a 70 crusader on hardcore now and it's pretty fun.

Do you have any advice for a crusader just starting out? I'm on a level 27 Crusader on Hardcore right now, and it seems to me the class is a bit weak compared to the mates I'm running with.

bonescraper

D3 has CGI intros for EVERY act and a proper CGI outro. Also, a bunch of cheaper, stylized class and gender-specific cinnematics.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron

Do you have any advice for a crusader just starting out? I'm on a level 27 Crusader on Hardcore right now, and it seems to me the class is a bit weak compared to the mates I'm running with.

Get on your horse!
Kidding aside my friend move pretty quick with a hammeradin though he had good stuff on his HC barbarian so that helped a lot methinks.
Crusader seems to be king of cooldowns most of them skills have CDs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Get on your horse!
Kidding aside my friend move pretty quick with a hammeradin though he had good stuff on his HC barbarian so that helped a lot methinks.
Crusader seems to be king of cooldowns most of them skills have CDs.

Using the horse to save my arse, yeah. I'm also running hammerdin, but most people I see online seem to be using other builds. It helps a lot that I'm running with two friends - a barb and a demon hunter - so I can focus on Toughness, but eh. They seem to be doing most of the work because of my cooldowns.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
:what:

Have you slept at all since the expansion launched?
just woke from my first proper all-night sleep :D

crusader is pretty underpowered. I haven't experimented much with melee builds (I also run a hammerdin), but I think my ranged/hammerdin build is pretty nice for HC.
for hammers, two pretty good runes are the lightning one and the "duplicate hammers" one.

I think my build is pretty unconventional but it's fun: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/phanto-2208/hero/38454270

dat right-click phalanx bowmen. in combination with Falling Sword/Rise Brothers, I get a small army for a few seconds.
look at my legs and neck too :D I love those legendaries so much I haven't switched them out yet, even tho they are bare of any useful stats. I must switch them out before going into Torment tho, so that's my next project.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
crusader is pretty underpowered.

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty odd that the reason given for the lack of 30% damage reduction is that they have a shield, but then because they have a shield they don't have the ability to dual-wield. To make up for that, they have Heavenly Strength, but that reduces move-speed by 15%. So if you assume their abilities are as good as the rest of the classes (and thus far I'd hesitate with such a conclusion), they're still not on par: at the very least, they have one less passive-slot and a 15% movement speed reduction. Some weird logic going on there.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guys do I have to buy the addon to take advantage of the new loot system and other gameplay tweeks?

I'm not that hot about a new class and new Act, I played only the Doctor 2 years ago so four more unexplored chars to go anyway. And I don't wanna spend my time and bandwith only to find out I have to shell out additional 40 euro to experience something new.

Also, how is the Doctor now? Right after the launch it was the weakest class by far.

Angthoron

Arcane
AFAIK you won't have the Adventure Mode thing, but Loot 2.0 is in "vanilla".

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Guys do I have to buy the addon to take advantage of the new loot system and other gameplay tweeks?

I'm not that hot about a new class and new Act, I played only the Doctor 2 years ago so four more unexplored chars to go anyway. And I don't wanna spend my time and bandwith only to find out I have to shell out additional 40 euro to experience something new.

Also, how is the Doctor now? Right after the launch it was the weakest class by far.

Doctor is good now, we are not limited to zombie bears like before. There are pretty good area damage skills which leads to mass murder.
And you can try loot system with new diffculty system right now, they patched that stuff like before wow xp packs.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And you can try loot system with new diffculty system right now, they patched that stuff like before wow xp packs.

So from what I gathered ITT it's pointless to farm on anything other than Normal or Torment difficulty if you aren't levelling your character anymore? Is that right?

And what's recommended to level a fresh new character - Hard or higher?

The only reason I'd have for picking Diablo up again would be if they sent that Voodoo WoW troll fucker to a gulag and replaced him with the Necromancer from Diablo 2.

Necromancer-history.jpg

Uber alles.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I don't really think they'll bring necros back since doctors have mostly similar spell build excpet bone spells but that's Blizz, they are so unpredictable as always.
I'm guessing some int (druid/shaman) or dex(assassin/rogue) melee character. Or maybe some deathknight type of weirdo.

Israfael

Arcane
Well, i guess it probably got better, especially if you compare it to the launch and pre 1.0.4 d3, with one-shot 'fun' abound in inferno act 2+. Still, this game is MMO at its core, and it was made by people who think its an MMO. I dont really get why we need this dragon age 2-esque hp/damage bloat and having everything tied to single stat - damage. Old Attack rating / defense / block system and disentangled weapon damage/skill damage was way better in my opinion, both for balance and fun. Those rifts and bounties can be fun for some time, not sure how long it will last for me.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah yes, the "recap what you just heard 15 minutes ago" cutscenes. Gotta love those.

Edit: I got to level 67 last night. My wizard was geared enough that I played on torment 1 until around 63, then I had to switch to master. I'm pretty sure act bosses always drop a legendary on your first kill (at least, that was my experience when I was leveling alts after the 2.0 patch came out) so I'm going to get to 70 before I finish act 5.

7/10

Learned
I'm gonna wait till the no-lifes give out the ultimate verdict in a couple of weeks. We'll see whether the game is still "amazing", after they've spent 500 hours at the level cap and take 20 hours to find an upgrade.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yeah, it's like they forgot how people abandoned WoW in droves after they'd spent 500 hours at max level. These guys don't understand MMO gamers at all.

I don't really think they'll bring necros back since doctors have mostly similar spell build excpet bone spells but that's Blizz, they are so unpredictable as always.
I'm guessing some int (druid/shaman) or dex(assassin/rogue) melee character. Or maybe some deathknight type of weirdo.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do go down the Derp Knight path. Blizzard seems to think that mastery of death involves hitting people with a sword or at least they do ever since Wrath of the Lich King.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom