Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dishonored 2 Pre-Announcement Rumors [bullshit leak]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
80+ hours? That's at least 4 playthroughs, but more likely 6.

I played Knife of Dunwall not long ago and I liked it more than the main game. Need to play the second DLC some day.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I guess it's the base game + DLC x 2? Or maybe x3? One playthrough of the base game was enough for me to realize I had no interest in the DLC. As others have mentioned I the game is too watered down for mainstream purposes so it's more of a hybrid.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Hope this time they don't make a stealth game where 90% of the powers and tools are useless for stealthing
Or, I don't know, have the hero sleep at night and not try to sneak around in broad daylight... for every mission. Also, make sure he can break light bulbs.

ColCol

Arcane
I never felt the powers in Dishonored were that game breaking, especially since people saw you the minute you entered their sight and power use was limited by mana.

Last edited:

Telengard

Arcane
I gotta add my vote to those questioning why one needed powers thrown in. I mean, I got in a 1:9 fight on Very Hard, and I won, and that was without using a single power and after drinking a single health potion near the end - which it turned out I didn't need since I never got hit again. The only reason the murder/death/rape even stopped was they ran out of joe-cannon-fodder to throw at me.

I can't even imagine how long the string of murder/death/rape could go on for if I lured them all into an open area and started using mana potions + time stop.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Arx Fatalis > Dark Messiah > Dishonored.

All make the grade, Dishonored just barely escaping a dishonorable Popamole title.
If Dishonored 2, then I'm expecting major improvements., but Arkane are contempt with making just "good" titles now I suppose.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Arx Fatalis >>> Dark Messiah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dishonored.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, I guess the biggest issue I had with Dark Messiah was that it was fairly short compared to Arx and while the world/setting was convincing it wasn't quite as deep.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
More fucking rumors:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articl...honored-2-release-date-job-listings-point.htm

That one is interesting:

http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/707
The Austin location is currently hiring a few positions, but the most telling is a Senior Animator position. The posting directly states that Arkane is working on a "AAA unannounced title in development." This unannounced title is only going to be coming to the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Does not compute.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They'd have to actually create decent graphics to get on a next gen console.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If you just like fancy graphics then go fuck off and wait for the next Battlefield.

I could just keep replaying Arx Fatalis or DMoMM, but I'd prefer a new game that doesn't give me eye cancer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom