Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
They really dropped the ball taking a month off after release instead of updating and releasing the mod tools and documentation.

Zep--

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have a hard time imagining Larian doing a non-isometric game.

After D:OS though, I'm willing to accept anything they might want to make :P

Perkel

Arcane
isometric is justice.

less time spent on shitty small details for FPP view == more time spent on rest of important stuff

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They really dropped the ball taking a month off after release instead of updating and releasing the mod tools and documentation.

Zep--

The modding tools are frustrating to use, buggy, arbitrarily restrictive, and there is very little information on how to use them. You could, if you really wanted, create something cool with them, but why would you. Also the devs clearly don't give two shits about the modding community and appear to be doing the shadowrun thing where every new update breaks everyone's mods.

Apparently they finally got around to putting up some modding documentation. It's three half assed word documents that include helpful tips like "don't forget about stealth" and "give players freedom". It's like some kind of elaborate meta joke. Ooh, my favorite is "Keep documentation up to date". See, it's funny because there's no documentation at all in their code.

Not surprised in the slightest by this turn of events.

Pots Talos

Horizon's End
Developer
Back on topic, started playing DOS some days ago. As expected, loving what they did with narrative design and environment interactions. But man, this game is soooooo sloooooooow - not FPS but pacing. Walking around takes forever, combat takes forever (thankfully, it's fun too), inventory management and bartering takes more than forever (DOS probably has one of the worst interfaces I've ever seen). I don't know if I'll be able to finish it - which would be a pity since there's a gret game at the core - but this snail's pace is killing all the fun for me.
Are there maybe some tricks to speed it up?

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/23/?

That will help with the walking speed, slightly.

Waterd

Augur
THe idea of playing a game , by a designer ,is that the difficulty is created by the designer, so the challenge is fair and interesting, that kind of restriction seems arbitrary and not carefull designed to be a kind of fair and interesting challenge.

SniperHF

Arcane
Apparently they finally got around to putting up some modding documentation. It's three half assed word documents that include helpful tips like "don't forget about stealth" and "give players freedom". It's like some kind of elaborate meta joke. Ooh, my favorite is "Keep documentation up to date". See, it's funny because there's no documentation at all in their code.

Not surprised in the slightest by this turn of events.

I'm not really sure where that quote came from, but It's not very accurate. One doc was like that, the "best practices" scripting doc which was just that. Things to keep in mind while working with the editor.
There are 3 others, including a new combat related one which is quite comprehensive. It even includes how to play around with the non-editor file driven systems for character stats and items.

The complaints about the info being late and mods being broken by updates are quite valid though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I´m still waiting for the ¨difficulty patch¨
They gave up on having an ETA for it, so it sounds like it might not even be this month.

I'd be boiling over with frustration if not for the 'rim.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's up with treasure maps? Several map markers appeared after reading them, but disappeared later on, and it seems I can't read them again.
Never had that happen to me. Sounds like an annoying bug. On the other hand, I had found almost all hidden treasures by exploring before buying the maps.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
What's up with treasure maps? Several map markers appeared after reading them, but disappeared later on, and it seems I can't read them again.

Same thing happened to me. Fortunately when they appeared I also put my own map markers there which didn't disappear.

Zep--

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ha haaaaaaaaa they're considering nerfing the price of paintings as if "I have too much money from paintings" was something anyone was complaining about. If anything the complaint was "I'm not getting enough money from other sources in the early game so I feel like I have to resort to stealing all the paintings to get the money I want." Yeah, I'm not expecting much from this patch.

Niektory

one of some
Patron

Same thing happened to me. Fortunately when they appeared I also put my own map markers there which didn't disappear.
Heh. Now they're back again. I'm going to do what you did in case it happens again.

:Flash:

Arcane
BTW, as a total surprise to me (I had totally forgotten about it), the DRM-free DVD arrived in the mail today.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So I guess that means they considered the companion complete-version content-complete enough for a reprinting. I wish I had gotten in on that but oh well. Since their engine is more competent than Unity there won't be too many gigs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom