Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Technical/Gamplay Issues

Arkeus

Arcane
This is a thread for keeping track of all the big issues detracting from the game that, hopefully, Larian can patch quickly. I thought a dedicated thread would be useful so that either Larian could notice it or someone smart could make sure they were aware of the issues.

So, far, all the 'no brainers' one are somewhat related:

A°) Looping voices- i like the voices, but the looping is an incredible pain AND make it all but impossible to talk to each other on voice-chat.

B°)On co-op, you can't see what your partner is saying unless you are standing right next to him and catch the fast-disappearing floating text above him: apparently the dialog logs to the right doesn't even register your own companion's, just every bark from every dogs. This is compounded by the looping, as there is often a half-dozen people talking at once so a LOT of floating text that makes it even harder to catch it before it disappears.

C°)There should be a way to 'tag' your game, so that if you play open to people joining they get an alert telling them 'you are playing slowly' or 'you are rushing through the game' or 'combat-less playthrough' or whatever.

Please, other people feel free to point out what i missed.

Oh, and i am not /sure/ this is the appropriate subforum for this thread.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So far i have noticed that certain voiced dialogue lines cut off 2/3rds from the end, so you get people talking then stopping for no apparent reason. Theres also problems if you mess with the camera while people are speaking, so it might cut off some of the voiced dialogue.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
1) Some stone arcs cause your character to try to walk up on them and if you include the camera view at these points you might end up running back and forth for a bit. Minor issue but hey its a problem!

2) Summoning the kickstarter pet cause the game to crash.

3) The value on items make 0 sense. Why are paintings worth more then golden items? Heck why are they worth more then rare gems?

4) The effects of some spells some times stay up forever almost.

5) It would be nice to be able to name containers within your inventory so if you want a bag for... food. Then you can name it that.

6) Some times there are some desync when doing co-op causing his character to be at another location then shown, this solves itself at times but it can be abit of a problem in combat if you want to use electricity on water and you have no idea where he is.

7) NPC's still rush up to you trying to beat you with fists... even when they have a weapon next to them. It... Just feel strange. I mean atleast make them run away and get the guards or something... not just run up and bash you with their fists.

8) If any of your characters are standing at a location where you want to make a map note then it some times dont work.

9) Certain objects you can pickup from containers but if you drop it on the ground and then try to pick them up again it dont work.

Edit:

10) The rats speak with a voice even if you dont have pet pal.

Last edited:
Can't fucking quicksave, playing on co-op, game just crashes for both me and other player whenever I try.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
On the topic of quicksaves, DOS is one of those games that creates a new save everytime you quicksave. Annoying as fuck

Arkeus

Arcane
On the topic of quicksaves, DOS is one of those games that creates a new save everytime you quicksave. Annoying as fuck

It does? damn, i have so many to delete then...
You can decide how many quicksaves it can make in the options- the default is five, it can go up to 25iirc, but if you want to you can max it to 1.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
While the codex worries with technical issues or bugs, Larian boards are filled with other concerns:

Although I have a few of issues... First being neck seams/colours - neck colours don't match most heads and the seams are more visible than they should be as if the head is floating slightly.

Second is the inability to choose facial hair and face paints separately... I mean even Skyrim has better character creation and yet one of this game's features is an in-depth character creation system.

Third is the lack of hardware anti-aliasing. Is there no way to allow hardware forced anti-aliasing without causing all these major graphical glitches? What's the difference between this game and others that makes it so difficult?

Also jet black hair is nowhere near jet black, it's brown and it annoys me that there's only a handful of character images for you to try and match your character with.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, adding some more issues:

*If you begin a spell/ability but click on the next spell before tha animation is finished, it both cancel the spell and make you lose your AP.

*There is a couple of things the tutorials do not covers :crafting, for example. You pretty much have to stumble upon a craftign recipe with a character that has the ability while moving your inventory to see how it works. There is also 'middle mouse button, when held, can rotate both your view of the game but also the items you are moving'.

*Zombies- when you hit them they splash some poisonous blood, and that can heal them, which is fine. Sometimes it heals them more than you damaged them, which is less fine.

*Give an ingame, clear tooltip about what statpoint gives what. It's fairly annoying not to really know how much AP speed gives, and so on. Likewise, has the AP reduction from INT disappeared? if so, it's the only skill that only does one thing now :(

sser

Arcane
Developer
My main problem is my wizard's terribly annoying footfall sound... Who knew something that subtle could be so aggravating.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
3) The value on items make 0 sense. Why are paintings worth more then golden items? Heck why are they worth more then rare gems?

Fine art vs. gilded trinkets, which one is better and why? Just be glad there's lots of loot to liberate!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
You pretty much have to stumble upon a craftign recipe with a character that has the ability while moving your inventory to see how it works.
crafting recipes are in the books. from then on it's pretty trivial to find out how exactly the items are combined (not to mention that is' also in the manual).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

It does? damn, i have so many to delete then...
You can decide how many quicksaves it can make in the options- the default is five, it can go up to 25iirc, but if you want to you can max it to 1.
Wow how did I miss this. Then again I don't remember ever seeing something like that, good job Larian :thumbsup:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Great impressions so far, about 1h into the game. No issues, just the intro is unplayable (terrible stuttering), am I alone in this?

Oh ffs, not that retarded mechanics again.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Great impressions so far, about 1h into the game. No issues, just the intro is unplayable (terrible stuttering), am I alone in this?

Oh ffs, not that retarded mechanics again.

Of which you can change that in the options menu. :roll:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I got the stuttering just over the video intro thing. But playing the game it is fine. No other stuttering.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Start editor, get this spam:

qweqwe.jpg

Gord

Arcane
Btw. I seem to have missed the whole DLC thing. Is the source hunter DLC for all backers or is it restricted to some higher tiers?
Just asking 'cause nothing's showing up for me, but some people have reported issues anyway.

Ok, after some searching around, it seems my problem is not missing DLC, but rather the Kickstarter rewards not unlocking correctly so far.

Last edited:

grotsnik

Arcane
Zed See here! The .NET file is in the CommonRedist folder.

- There seems to be a (presumably cut) stock dialogue, chastising the player for approaching with their weapons drawn, still in the system somewhere. Very infrequently it'll crop up, in often illogical places - ghosts will threaten to call the guard, for example - and once the player's clicked through it, it'll just revert to the standard conversation.

- Rats move too fast. Dagnabbit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The game seems MUCH slower since exiting beta (it's been a week or two since I've played) - though it never ran too fast on my i7 3630qm laptop with no video card. edit: nevermind. I think my graphic settings got reset. turned off AA and it runs fine. Save games take forever to load now. I think it has to do with it "syncing" with the server or something?

The editor keeps giving me "does not exist errors" when I try to examine things...
Rats move too fast. Dagnabbit.
This. Well, actually, everything moves too fast. I have o place my cursor just in front of any moving npc to talk to them. Annoying.

edit: none of this is to say that I don't like the game though. I'm having a blast!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Game sets to windowed mode every time I start it.

dryan

Arcane
Just saving the game takes about 4 minutes on my computer. I know my PC is shit, but come on... I think I won't be able to play it, unless I do it ironman style.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom