Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I loved all these banters. My personal favorite is that crying orc though "Why Ogi-Wogi WHYYY"

Lios

Cipher
Yes but, now where is my pepper? Did it sprout legs and walk away?

*ah, here it is! -atchoo-

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Best shopkeeper ever is from Two Worlds II but I can't find the audio to share.

DraQ

Arcane
because then you’re going boldly where nobody has been before.
I would say D:OS already did that with its environment design and how elements affect each other. At least I have not seen anything similar in any mid to large size game.

Bioshock? Magicka?
Didn't play Bioshock, don't remember people talking about any special innovations. Magicka is cool and probably a good example but it has less of everything than D:OS.
Many games (and mods) both new and ancient have had elements (heh) of this sort of interactivity, but save for stuff like Dorf Fortress none made it such an all-encompassing part of the core gameplay.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BG had the right idea by usually having 'em only say something if you click on 'em.

Though I admit I have a fondness for "So I kicked 'em in the head till 'e was dead!" the "arrow in the knee" of its time.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Well, maybe the frequency could be toned down. Or perhaps they could have more one-liners - maybe they will in EE. Then again, the lines are hilarious, and I actually tend to repeat them out loud when walking though the marketplace. Is it just me?

"Heavenly herring, delicious codfish, yours for a scrap-o-gold each!" :)

P.S. What troubles me more is that the cheese-bro doesn't actually sell cheese. :argh:

SniperHF

Arcane
P.S. What troubles me more is that the cheese-bro doesn't actually sell cheese. :argh:

I think he does if you grab the red handed cheese on the table, he'll offer to sell it to you. That's how the script is supposed to work anyway.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Behead those who whine about the cyseal market banter

You gotta understand them. They're mostly basement-dwellers whose most prominent social achievement was their 8yo party, which mom imposed onto them. After, they refused to even have b.day parties, let alone go outside, let alone walk through a packed marketplace.

Grokalibre

Augur
Well, maybe the frequency could be toned down. Or perhaps they could have more one-liners - maybe they will in EE. Then again, the lines are hilarious, and I actually tend to repeat them out loud when walking though the marketplace. Is it just me?
No I do that too but mostly in Bioware games during romance. I got it from my mother who tends to talk to the tv.

Atchodas

Augur
Started replaying D:OS today ( again lol hope this attempt at replaying lasts longer than 2 hrs) and i found this epic loot very early in the game ! :D
7EA7E774C071B8F5D70EC33BEF7FEF3F02FF5E50
It is safe to assume that this will let me hear NPC banter from further away !
Jokes aside rolled a Shadowblade(Scoundrel,Aerothurge,Witchcraft,Sneaking) Lonewolf with two henchmen tank pc with rascal AI and jahan , setting AI for sidekick improves gameplay a lot , gameplay seems way better when i dont need to read almost anything and i know where trait conversations are and i only manage them for main char , damn Cyseal is amazing starting location (if you can ignore the banter ofc ), most important is not to stand in 1 place too long so banter doesnt get repetitive , want to replay this before EE because on first playtrough i didnt have patience to finish and witness how bad the ending was lol , combat is still amazing and very interesting ( how long this will last is another question ) , also playing with different setup than last time so everything feels new

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/332023/Larian's+Swen+Vincke+on+Divinity:+Original+Sin+on+console/

We caught up with Larian Studios' Swen Vincke to learn more about the work with the Enhanced Edition of Divinity: Original Sin and the fact that the studio may pull off a first - delivering a game on time!

"We're really happy that we got the chance to do [the Enhanced Edition]," says Vincke. "When you compare what's in the Enhanced Edition now to the original version of Original Sin, which was already a lot of fun, it's a completely different game. There's so much stuff that we've been able to polish. It's fully voice recorded now. The skills look flashier, feel more rewarding. You have a whole bunch of extra skills for the classes that couldn't really be explored that well in the previous game. Rogues can do more stuff. Warriors can do more stuff. Rangers can do more stuff. So it just feels like a more complete, let's put it that way."

"Then we've also been able to touch up the story in the weaker parts that we thought. We've improved quest that we though weren't as cool. We've improved the dialogues. We had generic dialogues in the past to save on the cost of it. Now we've made them all unique."

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition will not only hit the new-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One, but for anyone who owns the PC game it will be a free update when it launches. Much like Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

"Currently we're targeting end of October [for release], says Vincke. It's already very far advanced, all the content is there, all the voice recordings are finally finished took us six months."

Hitting the release date "would be a first for Larian" said Vincke, but he clearly didn't want to jinx it adding "we'll see" at the end.

Atchodas

Augur
Rangers can do more stuff

Lol couldnt rangers already do everything with use of special arrows .. :D there are like 20 different ones lol

also i hope this class X can do more now doesnt force you to focus on 1 school only or something .. hybrid builds were the best ones in D:OS

Paper

Educated
Swen Vincke is such a nice guy, compared to for example Fargo he doesn't come off as pretentious while still making a niche game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
End of October is very close to 10th November when F4 comes out. They don't want to compete vs F4

Atchodas

Augur
Bah , they should tried to release these EE's and DC's in summer , such a stale time now for crpgs , and ofc autumn will have a new release every week

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
From their facebook page;
"Larian Studios is coming to Gamescom! If you are going to be next week in Cologne - please make sure to visit our stand: Deep Silver Booth Focus Home booth at HALL 9 B-021. We will have playable DOS Enhanced Edition for you! To make you more interested check out few fresh DOS EE pictures!"

11802821_955649601161905_1789139362276206373_o.jpg

11792190_955649687828563_8851689305420432760_o.jpg

11794293_955649764495222_576446510205022429_o.jpg

11026202_955650021161863_2530006995250717035_o.jpg

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Enhanced DOS is cool but I really would like them to reveal their next project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom