Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dogma: Eternal Night - Successor to World of Darkness & Vampire the Masquerade

hivemind

only once the metaplot has me leaving

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Looks like they renamed to Dogma: Eternal Night and put up a Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prelude/dogma-eternal-night

Dogma: Eternal Night is a sandbox MMORPG, where you will take on the role of a vampire and, like other supernatural entities, try to survive in a modern megalopolis. You will become one of the non-living and join a vast community of those who dwell in the night and conceal their existence from the mortals.

• Thousands of players online, all on one server.
  • Cities and monuments, adapted from the real world.
  • Dynamic environment - your deeds can influence others, as well as the world.
  • No Boundaries - develop your character the way you want.
  • There are no class or level restrictions. Plenty of opportunities for social encounters, allowing you to establish contacts, intermingle with other players and make deals with your enemy.
  • The possibility of death will keep you on edge and force you to carefully think through your actions.
  • Live in-game events. Bringing the players and main story-arc characters together, whom you know,love and possibly hate from the Dogma story while encompassing all facets of the MMORPG world(PvP, RP and PvE).

Astral Rag

Arcane
HBmoeWb.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderdome_(music_festival)
Don't look up the actual "music" if you value your sanity.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
My heart says to jump in because this is looks a lot like Bloodlines but my mind says "No" so I just clicked to be reminded at 48h

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
100k for a MMO? Yeah, they don't know what they are doing.

They should go the same way the Vampire MMO wanted to go - shards. Just make a city, some mechanics and let others make servers with their own rules.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'll just repost my post from the KS thread. This project is hilarious.

Some decent environments and 3d models (some aren't). Shit animations. No game engine. Character creation - probably yuma or some shit like that. No gameplay (not even gameplay ideas lol). Totally inadequate plans. Inadequate attitude. Some sad street hopper in a gold chain as american community manager. :lol: Plans to buy motion capture. Lol.

They should've made that VTMB mod that they wanted to make in the first place instead of deciding to take on nothing smaller than an MMO lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom