Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drone of EA? BF3 is free

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Origin is a decent Steam clone. Can't imagine hating one without hating the other.

Uplay is a piece of shit though.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
I downloaded and installed it. I started a quick match through the terrible browser based menu system. I got kicked from the game 5 times in a row with Punkbuster error message. I uninstalled it then installed the newest punkbuster. I got kicked from the game over and over again with Punkbuster error message. Uninstalled Battlefield 3.

No wonder they are giving away this shit for free. I can't wait for the free modern Medal of Honor games!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even if you dont like em, its a sweet move of them giving one free game a month in hope they'll get some new people to register and spend some money in the future.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
BF3 is a decent game, you should try it out. BF4 on the other hand.... :S

Drakron

Arcane
So it's a pile of DRM shit?

Bigger, managed to be more annoying and with less options.

Try as they might, they arent going to replace Steam or be a option to Steam because as I said once before no other major publisher will want to use Origin because of being EA, Steam is a necessary evil since it offers a wider catalog as Origin is just EA stuff and will always be EA stuff.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Not to mention that the UI is not intuitive. Prices are hidden, content of what you buy is not made clear, dlc often need to be bought through the game. And that's just the UI side of the thing.

It's a pretty shit steam wannabe/DRM all around. But yeah, Uplay is worse.

And BF3 is awesome. Loved that one.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Try as they might, they arent going to replace Steam or be a option to Steam because as I said once before no other major publisher will want to use Origin because of being EA, Steam is a necessary evil since it offers a wider catalog as Origin is just EA stuff and will always be EA stuff.

There are a ton of non-EA games on Origin actually. It's just no one buys them or cares.

Turjan

Arcane
I have Bulletstorm on Origin. Tried to install it. Got stuck at 99%. So I used a different installer. Couldn't get the settings fixed with their version, either. It's a mess.

And this is an EA game. Ridiculous.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Even if you dont like em, its a sweet move of them giving one free game a month in hope they'll get some new people to register and spend some money in the future.

Wait what, this is some monthly thing? Weren't they the ones calling how simple discounts cheapen the value of games and now they're giving stuff out free every month? May I lol

Turjan

Arcane
Wait what, this is some monthly thing? Weren't they the ones calling how simple discounts cheapen the value of games and now they're giving stuff out free every month? May I lol
It's mostly stuff from their Humble Bundle though, and no current game versions. However, Plants vs. Zombies was nice of them.

Drakron

Arcane
There are a ton of non-EA games on Origin actually. It's just no one buys them or cares.

Front pages shows exactly one non-EA game, Bound by Flame.

They promote EA games, this is the problem were if your pick is Origin and Steam what is the storefront that will not fuck you over?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Front pages shows exactly one non-EA game, Bound by Flame.

They promote EA games, this is the problem were if your pick is Origin and Steam what is the storefront that will not fuck you over?

I don't know what they promote, I barely use the service, I'm just saying they do sell a lot of other publisher's games, since you stated otherwise.

Direwolf

Arcane
Bought BF3 when it came out. Played it heaps. Recently tried to play it again. Spent about 2 weeks trying to update the game using Origin. Failed 20 times at least. In the end said fuck it and uninstalled both the game and Origin. That piece of shit is just not worth it. Even if Half Life 3 came out on Origin it wouldn't be worth it.

DemonKing

Arcane
BF3 is a decent game, you should try it out. BF4 on the other hand.... :S

Agreed - BF3 was quite sweet for a multiplayer FPS - even a lot of the DLC was varied and fun. BF4 really brings nothing new to the table though - I'm not really inspired to purchase the Premium membership at all.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Last Battlefield i played was Vietnam. What am i missing?

Nothing.
Go play Project Reality.

PS. all Battlefield games (until Bad Company 2) servers were shutted down few weeks ago. Nobody cared.

BF3 free?
No.

Tested beta of BF3 years back, was horrible. Also - they fucked up lighting after release. This and bugs
Tested beta of BF4 and it's better (there is also guided rocket launcher, shooting down heli with this give more satisfaction that 50 kills per match*) but now all my FPS needs are furfilled by Stalker series with hueg amount of mods.
So - no for freee bugbagBF3 nor newer one.

*opinion based on BC2 experience.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Had some good sponateneous matches with Trash , great tank fun! Anyone want to join in?

Was at a lanparty (my first actually) and pretty much everyone was playing it. Was kewl to run into you and run along for a bit. Anyway, game still has all the positives and negatives it used to have. Best multiplayer shooter if you like big maps and stick to those. It tries at times to go more towards the more compact COD style stuff and fails miserably. Going to get the expansions and see how they hold up.

And it runs flawlessly. No bugs in sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom