Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Duke Grabowski - new kickstarter from Bill Tiller

Wildax

Barely Literate
Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler! is a 2.5D adventure game for PC/Mac/Linux/OUYA from Bill Tiller (Curse of Monkey Island, A Vampyre Story, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island). You can find all the infos in the project page ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2133563544/duke-grabowski-mighty-swashbuckler-point-and-click

a07d6755f441e179b7972068d7eb414c_large.png

m_s0

Arcane
Double Our Fun(ds)!
We're participating in OUYA's #FreeTheGames Fund, created by OUYA to support developers making new and creative console games. OUYA will match your pledge dollar-for-dollar up to your goal amount (and a max of $250,000), so help Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler! get there and be a great game for everyone! To be eligible for this match, we commit that this game will be an OUYA exclusive for a period of time. To learn more about OUYA, go to www.OUYA.tv.

(To clarify, Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler! will be an OUYA exclusive for a period of time in the console and mobile space; it will ship simultaneously with our PC/Mac/Linux versions.)
And they set the duration to 50 days this time around just to make sure it reaches the goal. That seems really desperate for what seems to be an actual studio.

Boleskine

Arcane
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ty-swashbuckler-point-and-click/posts/1873604

In other not bad, but not great news is that Duke Grabowski: Debonair Corsair is on hold until we sell a certain number of units. Alliance wants the first episode to prove it is a success before funding the follow up. And you can help with that if you so chose because Alliance has discounted Duke to $2 and the sales are picking up. If you all told all your family, friends and acquaintances about the game that could really help. Mean time Venture Moon and Alliance will continue to promote the game as much as we can.

But have no fear that I won't be doing any more game because I am in negotiations to make another non-Duke game while we wait for Duke numbers to reach our goal. I can't go to much into it because nothing is official, but I can say it is an idea that is very close to my heart.

The first game/episode is on sale for $2 on Steam, and the discount ends in 2 days.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Slewface is the villain, and the challenge is sexist, and Duke has to realize it over the course of the game. When Duke gets to shore and meets actual women, everything changes. He has to relate to them as actual human beings. Bill goes into more detail in Update #2: "The story is really about peer pressure, the dangers of following the herd, and about watching a character change and mature."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like a license to print money. I wonder how it went awry. (Though I might've backed the project on Kickstarter, I can't really remember, so maybe it really was a license to print money and the joke's on me!)

Explorerbc

Arcane
I bought and played it. You are playing a huge dumb pirate kinda like a Fallout character with 10 STR and 2 INT. Your crew trying to dump you tell you that the only way to be a captain is to score 3 chicks and so your quest begins.

The game is really short. I took me a little less than 2 hours to finish and it has only about 10 different "screens" to travel through. The puzzles were very few and easy. You just interact or pick the obvious solution to your problem and you are done. Overall the difficulty was pretty casual/kid friendly.

The story wasn't something special or deep, you just go there, pick up your chicks and become captain. Pretty barebones stuff. Some characters have quite a few background dialogue options but a lot of them felt kinda boring and tedious to go through. The humour is mostly based around your character being a retard and didn't really click with me most of the time but I guess that's subjective.

The backgrounds are nice though sometimes when the game zooms in they appear very low resolution, dunno if it is because of my pc being a potato - there were no graphics options anyway. The character 3D models are mostly ok but on the low budget side.

crowded prison
CBDCCE349672BE9E40B60F0C11FC6AA68BA7C15E

roaaar
04B46229EC511FAB593AEA53246A5CDB5F450B80

dem tits
D4028575946EC188B8659B7F1DE971BD17B052C6

Overall it felt like a demo or concept of what the true game should have been. If that was the starting level of a full release that gained momentum later it would be fine. I'm not sure if they intended it to be episodic but on its own it's kinda meh.

I don't regret paying 2$ to support the guy, you can still get it for cheap if you are curious and wanna see for yourself, but yeah, dunno about full price.

Last edited:

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I bought it yesterday and I've exactly the same thoughts as the guy above has. I liked it a lot, though. Feels like a floppy prologue to a good point n click.

I might only add that the music score is also nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom