Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Mustawd

had a good time again bros. see ya'll next time. For stragglers, Im only level 4, so get at me.

Lhynn

Arcane
had a good time again bros. see ya'll next time. For stragglers, Im only level 4, so get at me.
Yeah, had a ton of fun tonight, especially with our mender kazonn. And Lukas blowing up and going down with the ship was a highlight of the night, too bad you missed that one.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Unless it's a resurrection wand and you shove it up the ass of a vampire or a mummy you'll never have fun with them Crispy, you're doing it wrong.

Xorphitus

Scholar
The bugbears at Irestone were not bad. Those damned casters in Proof is in the Poison and the stinking trogs in Freshen the Air in the room with the boxes needed get hit with a massive retributive strike or a Fireball Nuclear Winter.

v1rus

Arcane
Ye, had quite a good time last night, even if I ran only one dungeon, while being freaking braindead. I should be on later today.

Lhynn

Arcane
Proof is in the poison woulda been a lot easier if i went with the sorc and got protection from elements, alas neither of those 2 things happened, so it was quite a ride. Was still fun tho.

v1rus

Arcane
Oh, there is a steam version? Yeah, I guess that would be practical, if only Steam didnt make my toaster go full retard.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Oh, there is a steam version? Yeah, I guess that would be practical, if only Steam didnt make my toaster go full retard.

To be fair you can just download it through Steam, majority of content at least because there's patches and I imagine that version isn't up to date, and then launch it through game's own launcher. But then you won't get those sweet hours played and everyone knows that's why people play on Steam, right?

Speaking of which, how's the guild's class composition? What do you need that's not premium? Maybe add player's associated classes to OP list for easy reference or something.

Mustawd

Real question is if you like support playstyle. Many cant stomach it.

I'm finding hard enough to heal with all you crazy spell casters running around. So I'm having a good time doing it for the first time.

Mustawd

- if shit hits the fan just make a judgement. If you cant keep up with heals -> give up on certain party members and focus on crucial ones

:salute: Gotcha. Gonna go for full healbot build, but I dunno what I'm doing lol. Need to do more research. But let's keep these nightly runs going.

Lhynn

Arcane
- if shit hits the fan just make a judgement. If you cant keep up with heals -> give up on certain party members and focus on crucial ones

:salute: Gotcha. Gonna go for full healbot build, but I dunno what I'm doing lol. Need to do more research. But let's keep these nightly runs going.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422552-Necro-Cleric-for-new-players

Go for this build more or less, it doesnt matter if it isnt exactly like this but basic feats like maximize, empower and empower healing are where you will do your huge heal bursts that will deplete your mp, meanwhile you can heal with wands and attack with some spell like abilities granted by enchancements trees.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Another nice thing about DDO in terms of healing, unlike other MMO's, is that all that healing doesn't generate aggro, or "hate" as it's known in this game. So generally as long as someone else is managing the party's hate, such as a tank, or a foolish sorcerer blasting away like there's no tomorrow, you can just stand in the middle of the shitstorm and heal at will.

Once you get good, you can even distract yourself with a little headcracking of your own, but just have to remember that you're generating some hate, or heat, of your own on yourself so don't blow it.

Any veteran of MMO's will tell you that the group healer is often the most appreciated, if not often the most important, member.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom