Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What will be the biggest title at E3?

• Malise and the Machine v0.5

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The Primeval Star: Operation Dark Mana

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • [ILLUSION] Sex/Cross Sphere

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Millenium War Aigis

• The Last Sovereign

• Another hentaiwriter title even though he still hasn't finished the first fucking game

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Tyranny (kingcomrade)

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They really do look the same though, surface art assets differences are hardly noteworthy. That's why I thought the new Gears of War is the new Mass Defect. It's also true in the gameplay department.

Ash

Arcane
A lot look the same because a lot are similar. In the '90s there were no dominant genres or sub-genres/styles, not to the extent it is today. Now every game is 3D, every game is real time, every game is dumbed down and uninteresting to us by default as a result, every game has similar design because noone takes risks or values other established genres & styles that have died off due to the chasing of the dominant styles. From a pure-visual standpoint, there's less homebrew/in-house engines these days too, correct me if I'm wrong, and engines play an inherent role in a game's look.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Now every game is 3D, every game is real time, every game is dumbed down and uninteresting to us by default as a result, every game has similar design because noone takes risks or values other established genres & styles that have died off due to chasing the dominant styles.

By sheer coincidence (lol), the above also describes pretty much every console game released since the XBox.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, though the PC market isn't much better as it features the same games, or if we look at the indie market its filled with Banal Shit Simulator 3, Spooky Slender Youtube Gamer Games, Walking Sims and PROCEDURAL GENERATION OF ALL THE THINGS! games.

Best to stick to old games and mods mixed with the occasional good modern game, rare as they are.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Farming Simulator 17 joins the excitement of E3 2016 with its E3 Trailer!

The hit simulation from Giants Software has been a mainstay in the video game market for more than 3 years. The two previous versions of Farming Simulator have attracted almost 5 million players on consoles and PC worldwide. This huge community of players has been eagerly awaiting fresh news about Farming Simulator 17, which will launch simultaneously at the end of 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

The game is being showcased this year at E3 2016 to unveil its new features: a new environment, new vehicles, a new animal to breed, and new gameplay mechanics that increase the game's richness and depth every year, but also to make it more accessible for both existing fans and new players.

I hope the awesome physics will remain.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Those sell like hot cakes, it's unbelievable.
They know their audience.
work-is-done-todayg3jsx.jpg

A horse of course

Added Call of Cthulhu and a bunch of other missing stuff. Some companies (Microsoft and Square Enix) have done a spectacularly shitty job actually uploading individual game trailers so there are some missing trailers here and there, but they're all indie trash or JRPGs so people are probably already discussing them elsewhere. If anyone spots a game with a missing trailer (from E3, not from 9 months ago like the Manifold Garden one), link it here and I'll update the OP as necessary. Otherwise I'm pretty much finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Executr

Cipher
E3 Sees Over 70,000 Attendees; Next Year’s Date Set
Even as this year’s E3 begins to wind down, the Entertainment Software Association has revealed some stats surrounding this year’s show, detailing that 70,300 attendees were involved in the week’s events. That included approximately 50,300 professionals, and another 20,000 fans. According to the ESA, over 250 exhibitors showed off over 1,600 products.

An exposition of that size takes a lot of planning, and plenty of companies are already thinking about what next year’s event may include. As such, the ESA revealed today that E3 2017 is set to occur on June 13-15, and as expected, it's in the same location as this year – the LA Convention Center.

The ESA is also touting the dent that the event makes in the social media landscape, citing that the show had more than 7 million posts on Twitter about the show, and more than 500,000 likes on E3-related posts on Instagram during the show. Over 42 million viewers watched E3 content on Twitch this year, the official streaming partner for E3.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...er-70-000-attendees-next-year-s-date-set.aspx

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, we are basing PR material and quality gauging by Twitter posts and "likes"? How did we fall so low?

A horse of course

Due to blatant vote manipulation by Obshitian, I am throwing out all poll entries favouring Tyranny. ILLUSION software is the victor.

Ash

Arcane
Only 20,000 fans and nearly three times as much professionals? Shows how unenthusiastic most gamers are about e3, really. And I bet a sizable portion of those considered fans are tag-alongs of the professionals e.g friends and family.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Only 20,000 fans and nearly three times as much professionals? Shows how unenthusiastic most gamers are about e3, really. And I bet a sizable portion of those considered fans are tag-alongs of the professionals e.g friends and family.
Eh. It's an event for the press, not the consumer.

Ash

Arcane
True. That fans are even listed as a statistic is what led to that stupid train of thought.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
DarkUnderlord just threatened to ban me if I try and embed more than 5 videos in the OP. This site is a shithole and I'm leaving forever.

I'm going to try to make a comprehensive list with proper embedding, at least for myself. Nice work overall but you didn't complete the last step.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
DU is a faggot and only allows 5 media per posts. No idea why but it's probably a gay reason.

Thread is mostly for practical use, if you wanna discuss e3, ed is the certified thread maker. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/e3-2016-thread-–-june-14th-to-16th.109168/

Major Conferences and Events (TBC)

EA E3 conference times - Sunday June 12th

Bethesda E3 2016 conference times - Sunday June 12th

Microsoft E3 2016 conference times - Monday June 13th
http://www.xbox.com/e3
PC Gaming Show E3 2016 conference times - Monday June 13th

Ubisoft E3 2015 conference times - Monday June 13th

Sony E3 2016 conference times - Tuesday June 14th

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom