Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Embedded videos problem

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is there any particular reason why with embedded Youtube videos, clicking on the button that takes you to video's page on Youtube doesn't work? It only seems to be the case on the Codex. I haven't seen it happen elsewhere yet.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm having this problem as well. I thought it was one of my addons acting up, but if I'm not the only one, it seems less likely.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah having the same problem too. I wanted to play one of the youtube videos in the dark ambient thread on youtube, but when you click on the watch on youtube, it does nothing.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I see I'm not alone...still, takes only about a second to right click, copy link location and paste and go in a new browser window.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
The Emperor Underlord merely wants to shield it's subjects from the infamously vile youtube comment sections. Rejoice and praise be his, for his wisdom is eternal.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Sorry, non-educational videos from YouTube are blocked for me currently.

You guys are probably blocking pop-ups. On IE, I get a warning asking me if I'm really suuuuuuuuure I'm trying to open a page, I hit "allow pop-ups fomr RPG Codex", refresh the page and then it works. But often it's too much work to do all that so I right click on the youtube symbol, copy the URL and paste it on the address bar. It shows up as, for example,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6STeWC9hw18

but it works.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Youtube embeds seem to be working fine now. Don't know what if anything changed.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, I noticed the same this morning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom