Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Everyone says it is shit...but I liked it!

GrainWetski

Arcane
The first 2 Dungeon Siege games since apparently a lot of people think they're shit. Shame about the abomination by Obsidian.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Console shovelware like Conan or Beowulf. I don't know why I enjoy those. They're so obviously bad and poorly made, but I guess that's the appeal in some way. I also think Ninja Gaiden 2 is the best action game ever made which isn't exactly in line with that game's reception.

Delterius

Arcane
Oblivion.

A few days ago I clicked on the Oblivion soundtrack on youtube by accident (it appeared in the sidebar for God knows what reason). I started reading the comments as you do on Youtube, and all these youngsters were reminiscing about how Oblivion was the "last real RPG" and how games these days, like Skyrim, were nothing but watered down, soulless copies of that great gaming achievement that was Oblivion.
I couldn't fucking believe what I was reading. It was like one of those things people here used to joke about. I remember several posters jesting that one day a game as shitty as Oblivion would be held in high regard as some sort of "old school, hardcore gaming experience that we never see anymore these days". But I honestly did not expect it to happen.
What do ya know. This world keeps surprising you in shittier and shittier ways, doesn't it?

Anyways, carry on.
Its like when a Daggerfall fan accidentally clicks on a link towards the Morrowind soundtrack.

The Decline is eternal and knows no bounds.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pillars of Eternity

giphy.gif

Hi guise. I'm back. I'm back from the future.

pippin

I liked Dungeon Siege :M

First Dungeon Siege is awesome. I always loved the beginning, no bullshit AWESOME dragons or knights of holiness. One small farm, one small man, the journey awaits you.

This is probably my favorite aspect of DS1. The enemies swarm at you. After a couple of hours, that's not really a problem anymore, since you have 8 party members, but every location felt good, for some reason.

Oblivion.

A few days ago I clicked on the Oblivion soundtrack on youtube by accident (it appeared in the sidebar for God knows what reason). I started reading the comments as you do on Youtube, and all these youngsters were reminiscing about how Oblivion was the "last real RPG" and how games these days, like Skyrim, were nothing but watered down, soulless copies of that great gaming achievement that was Oblivion.
I couldn't fucking believe what I was reading. It was like one of those things people here used to joke about. I remember several posters jesting that one day a game as shitty as Oblivion would be held in high regard as some sort of "old school, hardcore gaming experience that we never see anymore these days". But I honestly did not expect it to happen.
What do ya know. This world keeps surprising you in shittier and shittier ways, doesn't it?

Anyways, carry on.

At least Oblivion had stats :M
Seriously, the only factor which could make me replay Oblivion is the fact that I can pretend to have character classes, stats and all that grognardbabble.

Vibalist

Arcane
Its like when a Daggerfall fan accidentally clicks on a link towards the Morrowind soundtrack.

I disagree. Oblivion is shitty in a completely timeless way. It doesn't matter if you played it for the first time as a disgruntled 35 year old or an enthusiastic teenager, if you liked it your taste is shit.

Delterius

Arcane

I disagree. Oblivion is shitty in a completely timeless way. It doesn't matter if you played it for the first time as a disgruntled 35 year old or an enthusiastic teenager, if you liked it your taste is shit.
But remember, Oblivion was actually released after the fallout between Daggerfall and Morrowind. Not everyone can travel in time like we do, Mr. Vibalist.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Of course. All the other games you like or don't like have no bearing on taste; Oblivion rules over everything else. Great indeed is the power of Oblivion, and immeasuable is it's power to cause butthurt.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fallout Tactics.
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (after a 'modification')

...that's all for now.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy

L3FL2tF.png
L3FL2tF.png
L3FL2tF.png

The History Channel: Civil War – A Nation Divided

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dynasty Warriors. The original Two Worlds had great co-op, fun to just mess around in.

The Legend of Dragoon, not exactly panned but a lot of people don't like it.

Risen :troll:

I also liked this demo for a really mediocre FPS called Darkest of Days. I guess I was just sold on the time-traveling concept.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Remembered a few others:
Unreal 2
Invisible War
(althought I played these games at the worst period of my life, when I had sunk so low down that I even watched Seventh Heaven on TV)

Aenra

Gorasul: Legacy of the Dragon

If only someone patched it.. properly, not a-la G3CP where for every one fix, we change two more because we "liked it better our way"..
It has its charms, and some nice concept in weapons leveling with you, just.. crude. Very.
Still, i liked it. Has its own 'atmosphere', and i'm a big sucker for that :oops:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
kane & lynch. the gameplay is...what it is. but I genuienly enjoyed the scenarios, like the shootout in the dance club, as well as the characters; main characters who are irredeemably bad people are a rarity in video games.

also I would say Deadly Premonition, because the game is awful on a technical level: getting around the world is tedious, the shooting segments go on far too long considering how dull they are, the story being a pastiche ripoff of Twin Peaks and other things. but, it's so creative in comparison to the banal majority of video games that I can't say it is shit.

Last edited:

Black_Willow

Arcane
Dungeon Siege 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 OCs)
Master of Orion 3 (I still struggle to understand why do people complain about it so much)

zwanzig_zwoelf

Damnit, how I could I forget Disciples 3?
ss_34ff0bb908d8f2ab7a862203c06380ab369ec057.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom