Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Exiled Kingdoms Question

Lythandra

Educated
DavidBVal

Is there any way as a warrior to heal besides a health potion or the heal to full ability?

Neat game but am I missing something? There seems to be no slow heal over time as you adventure and no camp / rest function so I have to keep running back to a town to rest.

So far the dungeons are to easy or to hard as either I can blaze thru it or run out of healing and have to leave. Is this by design?

I did buy the game but am just level 5 so do not know if something comes up in a few levels that will help.

Also, the Town Hall quests for me all say "Unknown Location" and I have not found / finished any yet by the time limit. Is the Unknown Location by design?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
DavidBVal

Is there any way as a warrior to heal besides a health potion or the heal to full ability?

Neat game but am I missing something? There seems to be no slow heal over time as you adventure and no camp / rest function so I have to keep running back to a town to rest.

So far the dungeons are to easy or to hard as either I can blaze thru it or run out of healing and have to leave. Is this by design?

I did buy the game but am just level 5 so do not know if something comes up in a few levels that will help.

Also, the Town Hall quests for me all say "Unknown Location" and I have not found / finished any yet by the time limit. Is the Unknown Location by design?

The idea is health is a limited resource, and in order to get deep into a dungeon you need to avoid getting hurt. Pull enemies one by one, use your skills to finish them quickly and without getting hurt, fall back to narrow corridors when swarmed, and maximize the usage of your Recoveries by using them as late as possible. Every small goblin that manages to hurt you more than it should may prevent you from reaching that last chest in the dungeon. Potions are meant as a small push to allow you to go deeper, not as part of the economy and health balance.

Also, focus on solving quests, you're not supposed to be able to slaughter a full orc army. If you got an item tor etrieve or a guy to save, focus on that and then leave. Quests are more rewarding both in rewards and XP than grinding.

Town Hall quests: Gossip at taverns to learn where those unknown locations actually are.But you might focus on exploring all the early areas first, at least until past New Garand.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Great fucking game, DavidBVal. I'm forcing everyone I know to buy it or else they'll get cigarette burns on their carpets.

Also, a friend of mine is asking about multiplayer, and I told him sometime next year, but wasn't sure. It seems like it would be nightmare to implement.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome game!

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, a friend of mine is asking about multiplayer, and I told him sometime next year, but wasn't sure. It seems like it would be nightmare to implement.

Thanks! I did all development with multiplayer in mind... everything goes through messaging, and combat & collisions are simplified because of this, so yeah it will happen. Probably next year.

Is it on pc?

Not yet, but it will be. I need to rework the whole UI and add point'n click functionality.

Development roadmap: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13926

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DavidBVal Have you considered adding renaming character and portrait changing to full version? Just cosmetic stuff, not respec for skills and stats.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Thanks! I did all development with multiplayer in mind... everything goes through messaging, and combat & collisions are simplified because of this, so yeah it will happen. Probably next year.

Is it on pc?

Not yet, but it will be. I need to rework the whole UI and add point'n click functionality.

Development roadmap: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13926
Will it be on gog?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
DavidBVal Have you considered adding renaming character and portrait changing to full version? Just cosmetic stuff, not respec for skills and stats.

Maybe at some point yeah, at least the name change.

Will it be on gog?

At this point I honestly don't know. Steam will be the first step. This has always been conceived as mobile game so I haven't done a lot of planning on the desktop version distribution, which I intend to release merely for the sake of completitude.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Maybe at some point yeah, at least the name change.

Will it be on gog?

At this point I honestly don't know. Steam will be the first step. This has always been conceived as mobile game so I haven't done a lot of planning on the desktop version distribution, which I intend to release merely for the sake of completitude.
Ok thanks for the answers mate and good luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom