Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Let's hope they got a better animator than last time.

Let's. But animations will be the least of the games problems.

Let's rather hope they've hired competent lead, gameplay, systems and narrative designers along with competent writers.

Lemming42

Arcane
The animations made by Todd's mate are integral to any Bethesda experience. It wouldn't be a real Bethesda game if you didn't feel like you were ice-skating when running, or if jumping didn't make you fall into a hysterical laughing fit.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I expect the trailer to be very impressive. They've had a ton of time to improve the engine with all that Skyrim money. They wouldn't have booked an E3 conference if they didn't have something pretty spectacular to show off.

himmy

Arcane
Soon we will learn that writer for Fallout 4 is George Lucas and main project lead is JJ Abrams :M

You jest, but Bethesda have figured out as way back as Oblivion that big names from the movie industry garner immense media attention. In all fairness, the amount of attention Patrick Stewart's 5 minutes of Oblivion dialogue got in the non-video game media would have probably cost a hundred times more than the old chap's actual fee, if regular advertisement methods were used. In regards to advertising and brand-building, Bethesda is one of the best players in the industry.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

darthaegis

Cipher
I bet 90% of the trailer consists of "fucking hilarious" heads exploding and arms being ripped off.
I also wonder what kind of ridiculous locations they'll have. I mean, Fallout: DC (not calling it 3) had a town with an active nuke, one run by children, etc.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Man I can see it now

TItNSNj.png

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
http://www.destructoid.com/pretty-m...mpany-creating-fallout-4-trailer-291924.phtml

[Update: We received an email from Mirada Studios demanding we pull this story. A representative cited inaccuracies, but also confirmed the story was breaking a non-disclosure agreement. As nobody at Destructoid signed an NDA, we're assuming that confirms somebody else broke NDA. I wonder who might be in trouble.]

lolz, nice job confirming it, Mirada

:lol:

I took that destructoid article with a grain of salt.. if the email is legit now I am 100% sure it's real. Once again large corporations lack basic common sense.

ColCol

Arcane
Fallout 4 trailer:

1. Some 1950s-esque scene/song
2. Zoom out to reveal an apocalypse world.
3.Something malicious happens in the Apocalypse world, or we just look at some destroyed buildings/infrastructure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom