Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Vegas: worth it?

Severian Silk

New Vegas is only worth it if you like RPGs.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
FNV is sequal to F2 you even meet Cassidy daughter there, met guy who run away from Reno ruled by Bishop who is VD son and Vault City is Mentioned to retain its independence which is something only PC in Fallout 2 can pull. Forgot about Enclave Rearmament but since it required me to take faggot into company I never met them (except Colonel Moor) in my seven runs.

nomask7

Arcane
Are the DLC worth buying? I bought the Ultimate Edition with the DLC from Amazon but Steam only gives me the vanilla game when I activate it and download it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got confused by the download size and the logo. The DLC seem to be present after all.

pippin

The DLC for New Vegas are all pretty good. They have content, which is more than anything Bethesda could ever do.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have to say, Im finally ,slowly, going through NV. I love the feel of the world, the interactivity, the factions, basically everything.... except the gameplay. I really cant into this first person press V to win thing. God damn Bethesda and your retarded ideas.
I feel like I'm reading an awesome book in a 10 -inch tablet.
I want to read it all but the way I'm doing is too damn annoying

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If you hate the combat, play as a silenced sneak attacking sniper so you can quickly and easily get rid of the enemies without the clunky clusterfuck combat. With Better Criticals, sneak attack headshots will kill almost everything in one hit.

pippin

Make sure to find a place called "Dead Wind Cavern". You will find a big stash of items there.

Drax

Arcane
Are the DLC worth buying? I bought the Ultimate Edition with the DLC from Amazon but Steam only gives me the vanilla game when I activate it and download it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got confused by the download size and the logo. The DLC seem to be present after all.
Dead Money and OWB are (imo) quite awesome.

nomask7

Arcane
I have to say, Im finally ,slowly, going through NV. I love the feel of the world, the interactivity, the factions, basically everything.... except the gameplay. I really cant into this first person press V to win thing. God damn Bethesda and your retarded ideas.

You don't have to use the turn based mode, I don't and the combat seems OK. A few missions have been very challenging even on normal (though that could be because I don't do a lot of side quests, so I don't have money to repair good armor, haven't found much in terms of great weapons, etc etc).

Endemic

Arcane

VATS isn't nearly as overpowered as it is in Fallout 3 (which gave you huge DR).

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Dunno man, in level 20 i've guns at 100 and some Perk for headshot bonus in Vats so when a combat starts I press V and then click the head 4-5 times and pop goes the weasel :P

pippin

You do take way more damage during VATS in New Vegas. If you're not careful you might end up dead, something which never happened in 3.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I find the first person shooting in NV worse than VATS tbh. It doesn't have any weight and the aiming feels way off.
Anyway if I wanted to play an FPS I'd play Wolfenstein or something. I much rather "cheat" my way through VATS than play a bad FPS

laclongquan

Arcane
DLCs of NV is much better than the main game. You can replay them several times without bothering completing the campaign.

Honest Heart should be completed at level 15-16 as a safari vacation away from the gritty desert. YOu will be like a big game hunter with a game gun, travelling around the wild life park and hunt down stuffs.

Dead Money is tricky. While you should complete it as soon as possible in order to make use of its feature, you should have some level-dependent perks to ease the annoying factors.

Old World Blue is a fun laser adventure~

Lonesome Road is too storyfag and ambientfag for my taste. In my book it's the least fun to play DLC of all four.

Fry

Arcane
No idea. I've never been able to get more than a couple hours into it because I loathe the gameplay and Bethesda's garbage dump of an engine.

One of these days I'll try again. I guess.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
NV is probably my favourite Fallout game out of the new 3d ones.
It does have good narrative and memorable characters.
As long as you don't expect much and just pick it up for a rainy weekend - it should be fine.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Do yourself a favour: once you get to vault 11, don't just complete the quest objective and get out, fully explore the place and discover the True Ending. You will not regret it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom