Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite/best/interesting voice casts?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Silent Hill

No, really. They're obviously a bit stilted at times, but the second and third games honestly have some of my favorite voice acting in video games. A bunch of fucking nobodies managed to make the group of professional voice actors who were brought in to re-do the VA in the HD re-releases look like a bunch of fucking amateurs.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
American: Fred Tatasciore, Jim Cummings, Sam Mowry, Eric Newsome. British: David Warner, Tony Jay, Patrick Stewart, Jeremy Irons, Malcolm McDowell, Charles Dance.
Recently I've grown fond of Mark Strong's voice, after listening to his performance as Captain Titus in Space Marine (didn't play, just watched the cutscenes)

Also, a must watch:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Loved the voice of Abbott (Xzibit) abd Hoxie (Dwight Schultz), not to mention John DiMaggio as some of the security guards.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Read thread title as "Favourite/best/interesting voiced cats". I'm slightly disappointed now.

Deadeye Dragoon

Scholar
Agreed on JA2. What's really impressive is how little lines each of them had, yet there was so much character and personality in those lines. And each very different than each other.

And a slight take on the original idea would be the times when games didn't even have enough disc space to put or money to spend on voice actors...so they used uh, still picture actors (who were quite possibly the brothers/selves of the game makers, or random nearby vagrants paid by tacos and scorn). My favorite was Betrayal at Krondor:

jamloc.gif

hqdefault.jpg

It even had some sweet ass animations like that wizard battle and James laying down the crossbow smack or something. Boy my dreams are going to be swell tonight.

Deadeye Dragoon

Scholar
Read thread title as "Favourite/best/interesting voiced cats". I'm slightly disappointed now.

Just look up "talking pussies". Only as video, at work and at full volume of course. Maybe Garfield will be one! He sure loves his lasagna!

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Silent Hill

No, really. They're obviously a bit stilted at times, but the second and third games honestly have some of my favorite voice acting in video games. A bunch of fucking nobodies managed to make the group of professional voice actors who were brought in to re-do the VA in the HD re-releases look like a bunch of fucking amateurs.

Mary's VA in SH2 gives me the chills.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Silent Hill

Mary's VA in SH2 gives me the chills.
I also enjoyed Angela's voice.
Felt like she was gangraped 10 times and is too scared and ashamed to talk and warn the player about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadeye Dragoon

Scholar
Take a gander at this comely lass. Now that's some nice hair. Hair you could wack it to. You young people with your "voice acting".
nia.gif

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Jagged Alliance games did some really neat things with almost soundbyte-esque voiceacting.

I think the original Fallout is the clear winner here, though. Not only does it have a varied and memorable range of voices, but a cast that would cost ten times as much to hire nowadays.

My contribution to the thread, however, is Team Fortress 2. 7 voice actors voicing 9 mercs, with the Soldier having BY FAR the best lines:

I won't say it had best voice acting, but definitely Myth TFL had one of my favorite voice acting in any game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom