Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Fear Effect Reinvented

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Square Enix has just revealed an upcoming remake of the first Fear Effect game that was released for the first Playstation, Fear Effect Reinvented. Fear Effect Reinvented will feature improved graphics and controls, and is currently scheduled for a 2018 release for PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One
The original Fear Effect was an action-adventure game, featuring cel-shaded graphics and environments that were composed of streaming or looping full-motion video.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Years later and another teaser trailer
woo

A group of mercenaries on a deadly mission – that can only mean one thing... The premiere of a brand new teaser trailer for Fear Effect Reinvented - watch it today at 18:00 CEST! FEAR EFFECT REINVENTED is an action-adventure, true-to-the-original remake of the first game from the classic Fear Effect franchise

- refreshed with improved graphics and controls. Wi-Ming Lam, the daughter of a Hong Kong Triad boss, has been kidnapped. Take the roles of the mercenary trio: Hana, Glas, and Deke, and try to find the missing girl. FEATURES
- Iconic adventure-horror with reinvented gameplay, graphics, and controls.
- Original story expanded to three separate campaigns.
- Modern third-person perspective camera.
- Play as Hana Tsu-Vachel, Royce Glas, or Jakob "Deke" Decourt and unravel all secrets of demonic conspiracy.
- From cover-based battle system to survival horror elements.
- Unlock the whole gallery to get even more additional content.
- Collect items, solve puzzles and manage your inventory to beat three difficulty modes.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I don't dig the aesthetics that much, the original games look much more stylish with their proto cel-shading look.

Terra

Cipher
Weird thing about Fear Effect was a bunch of the background animations never looped properly, so you'd have a plume of smoke rising, then a few seconds later the background would jarringly restart the animation. Thought it was my disk at first, but no, that was just the way it was, very amateur and it's amazing what they got away because this aspect really did not look good.

Puukko

Arcane
The original is actually fairly high up on my backlog. I tried it out recently and it's going to take some adjustment. The game's difficult, which is welcome, but that's in addition to the less than ideal control scheme. The face buttons are used for navigating through tools which you have to do to reload since there's no dedicated button for that. Movement is on the dpad which can luckily be rebound to a stick on emulators which feels much nicer. Now that I think about it, I may try rebinding shooting to a trigger as well since that'd be way more natural. And maybe move the tools to the dpad... I may just end up rebinding basically everything.

Secondly, getting the graphics to scale well is a challenge. Bumping up the resolution a bit helps a lot, but the prerendered animated backgrounds fall badly behind. They're very staticy and this kind of 'raw' setup just makes the presentation uneven. This is one of those cases where I'd vouch for shaders as the best compromise solution, even for people who don't normally care for them. A good CRT shader will make the 3D elements mesh well with the background and mitigate some of that compression. I think I settled for Newpixie under Retroarch after a lot of testing.

Rassy

Novice
If Rain isn't getting plugged into that Octopus thing again, I'm out.

SumDrunkGuy

I'm always on board if it's two smokin babes makin sexy time. Day 1 purchase.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Are they actually remaking the second Fear Effect? Rain didn't exist yet in the first game, though they retconned the story by having the second game be a prequel with Hana in a relationship with the new character.

lcqy14aopgo3ue8jrwox.jpg

800.jpg

44896-fear-effect-2-retro-helix-playstation-screenshot-hana-and-rain.gif

233483-fear-effect-2-retro-helix-playstation-screenshot-best-line.jpg

233490-fear-effect-2-retro-helix-playstation-screenshot-putting-on.jpg

flyingjohn

Arcane
Can't wait to go the village section and become literally blind from the fire bloom.
Also,they will remove the bath towel scene:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom