Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Read Magic will now id your entire party's potions and scrolls if cast in a safe area. I reckon that's a few dozens of clicks and spell animations saved for the average playthrough...

I burned out after a long stretch of playtesting last year, likely due to exactly that sort of thing... so this addition is a :5/5: QoL improvement. Little things, like that and Endarire's suggestion to alphabetize the known spells list, go a long way.

Just started the game up for the first time since last summer to take a peek. It immediately struck me that 3D character and environment lighting in ToEE is miles better than PoE. What the fuck, 12 year old game? Been crawling through that and the Exanima beta lately. Glad you're still here, plugging away.:)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Read Magic will now id your entire party's potions and scrolls if cast in a safe area. I reckon that's a few dozens of clicks and spell animations saved for the average playthrough...

I burned out after a long stretch of playtesting last year, likely due to exactly that sort of thing... so this addition is a :5/5: QoL improvement.

Yeah, the impetus for that was doing some playtesting myself in a 'realistic' manner and getting fucking annoyed with that :lol:

Also, don't remember if I've posted anywhere about it here, but you can now Alt-click to sell items to vendors or transfer items to chests.

Just started the game up for the first time since last summer to take a peek. It immediately struck me that 3D character and environment lighting in ToEE is miles better than PoE. What the fuck, 12 year old game? Been crawling through that and the Exanima beta lately. Glad you're still here, plugging away.:)

Oddly enough I find it more satisfying than actually playing games now. Go figure :P

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Man, you can't give me huge laundry lists like that. This isn't a hypothetical wishlist thread, I'm looking for specific actionable items.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Broadly, the more it involves modifying the UI or fundamentally altering the game systems, the harder it is to do and less likely to happen (at least in the short term). Other than that, things like "Implement the rest of the core items" are not actionable. "Add Bane weapon property" - that's more like it. Probably not even hard. So is #4 on your list, except it's 15 items, not one, you damned cheater!

In short, pick five (or ten if you really can't help it) specific items of that nature that are dearest to you and I'll see what I can do. You can submit bug fixes separately of course.

Other than that I can say that things like adding classes / prestige classes are in the cards, but this requires a thorough overhaul of the UI system first, which will be the focus of the next major release.
Brand new monster creature models and animations (i.e. not just reskinned / modified existing ones which you can find at Co8) will require writing an exporter, which is also a future goal, which will hopefully attract someone who is capable of actually producing something that looks decent with it. But that's way off right now.

Endarire

Scholar
TemplePlus Major Request:

-An installer! One that doesn't require I already have Visual Studio installed on my machine!

Black

Arcane
I'm curious about the viability of these inclusions:

-Templates for player characters, acquired mid-game. For example, a character may contract vampirism and gain the Vampire or Vampire Spawn template, or may undergo the Rite of Rebirth and become a Dragonborn.
You go to hell, ToEE will never fall as low as skyrim

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Both fixes look good (684 and 685).

More of a feature request, but any chance that scribe scroll window can be made to stay open after use? If you're doing multiple scrolls, it's a pain. Less so if you hotkey scribe scroll, but still...
Added in b740 (alt click the Create button)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have added the cantrip spell std::sort to ToEE. It is now automagically used by your spellcasting wannabes.

upload_2016-3-11_14-4-34.png

upload_2016-3-11_14-3-28.png

Also, the function I've replaced should also fix the Metamagic bug with Domain spells (it lacked setting a scrollbar parameter for that). Will test later.
Edit: yes, fixed it.

Also added a much requested feature - barter tooltip will warn of item non-proficiency.

upload_2016-3-11_23-38-31.png

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
I have added the cantrip spell std::sort to ToEE. It is now automagically used by your spellcasting wannabes.

It's glorious !
... insomuch as something like an alphabetized list can be, anyway. The non-proficiency warning is equally useful and appreciated :incline:

I'd also like to be able to shift-click and H-click items in vendor/container inventories to view stats and get full help on them before picking them.

Agreed. This is another big UI blind spot. Some items (potions, scrolls etc) lack any sort of detailed description or link to such, but having full descriptions for items in vendor inventories that are covered would be very helpful.

On scrolls... it would be great if school and spell level were displayed in the simple item description. Currently, it just shows weight and quantity (which is irrelevant for weightless, stackable items). When buying scrolls from a vendor, the primary question is "can I use it?", just as with equipment proficiency. Ideally, these would also be shift-clickable for a full description. With potions, there's the additional problem that it gives no indication of the level at which it was crafted.
DONE

Banichi

Novice
1. Modify the Dismiss Spell mechanic so that you can view and choose between the dismissable spells! Possibly by further expanding the radial menu.
Added in v1.0.28

2. Implement Disarm attacks, with related Feats.
Already done

Endarire

Scholar
Allow people to hotkey radial menu items that expand, such as the Wizard spell list, the spell resist energy, or the skills tab. Pushing the button would bring up the radial menu at that point and allow players to click on relevant options.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Allow people to hotkey radial menu items that expand, such as the Wizard spell list, the spell resist energy, or the skills tab. Pushing the button would bring up the radial menu at that point and allow players to click on relevant options.

You can already hotkey sub-menu items directly, such as individual spells. It works fine and remembers the key even if you remove a spell from the list and add it again later. It doesn't work so well if you try a sub-sub-menu item (e.g. specific monster summons... it assigns the same key to all of them). It also gets wonky with scrolls, if I recall, because the position of the item in the list can change if you add more or shuffle your inventory. There's also a bug/feature where you can exceed the visible inventory slots with scrolls... they appear in the radial list but can't be transferred or dropped once they occupy an "invisible" slot. Those sort of things dick up your key assignments.

Personally, I've tried to hotkey everything I use frequently, but always run out of damned keys ;). One thing I would recommend trying is a 3rd party mouse utility (I use X-Mouse Button Control) to utilize your extra mouse buttons... either to put custom hotkeys on the mouse or hard-coded keys like 'end turn', 'object highlight' etc. I like to end turn with middle click and use the extra buttons for common combat actions like full or single attacks, charge and such.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Both fixes look good (684 and 685).

More of a feature request, but any chance that scribe scroll window can be made to stay open after use? If you're doing multiple scrolls, it's a pain. Less so if you hotkey scribe scroll, but still...
In as of build 740 :) just alt-click the Create button.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
On scrolls... it would be great if school and spell level were displayed in the simple item description. Currently, it just shows weight and quantity (which is irrelevant for weightless, stackable items). When buying scrolls from a vendor, the primary question is "can I use it?", just as with equipment proficiency. Ideally, these would also be shift-clickable for a full description. With potions, there's the additional problem that it gives no indication of the level at which it was crafted.

In as of b741.

upload_2016-3-25_18-20-53.png

Amusing side note: Ale and Meat have Caster Level 1 :P

Black

Arcane
Hey, currently the thing about gaining exp without levelling up your characters works by letting your dudes gaing up to the next level's maximum -1 exp.
For example, a level 1 guy can gain up to 2999 exp (3000 exp is level 3) without levelling up but after gaining more the exp gets lost and you have to level him in order to gain more.
Can it be changed so that you can keep gaining exp even after that point?
Done 1.0.11

Endarire

Scholar
Scrolls: It would help if there were an easy way to tell if a scroll is divine and thus scribable into a Wizard's repertoire. I got burned by having a Druid with Scribe Scroll, assuming I could have my Wizard learn spells that way.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Scrolls: It would help if there were an easy way to tell if a scroll is divine and thus scribable into a Wizard's repertoire. I got burned by having a Druid with Scribe Scroll, assuming I could have my Wizard learn spells that way.

It shouldn't matter... wizards are able to copy scrolls scribed by clerics or druids, so long as there's an arcane variant of that particular spell and he passes the spellcraft check. Maybe you just failed the check roll?

Endarire

Scholar
Scrolls: In Co8 (Not T+), these divine-created scrolls did not show up on the radial menu. At all. Despite having a high Spellcraft for the Wizard.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Hmm... could be bugged in some specific cases then. It definitely works as a general rule.

Post the spells that won't copy, if you can remember or find any.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom