Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fishing: Barents Sea

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
http://store.steampowered.com/app/501080/Fishing_Barents_Sea/

Release in a few hours.

I have watched a few videos and it looks very promising. Been waiting for a decent high sea fishing sim since Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm. That game was quite good but was ineplicably abandoned on release.

random video

Burning Bridges

Well, it's out. It costs 18€ and it doesn't suck.

I drove around a bit in the harbor, disabled the bloom and post processing and tried to ram a killer whale (which was anticlimatic as it has no collision detection).

It actually reminds me a lot of Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm already, let's hope it gets support this time. Will try to report more later, when I have time to play.

Burning Bridges

Eh bad news .. I sort of had an epiphany, had visions of myself going with my cutter to the same predetermined area that is a far cry from what they promised ("Barents Sea" :lol:) without ever seeing a single AI ship, without a radio, wondering where the promised managerial features would be and eventually convincing myself that at least it would be actively developed, just like I did with Spintires :lol:

I already refunded because I get the feeling of being played. The game they descrive on their website promises nothing but the Moon. But it's more of a console type timesink with terrible graphics engine, and lots of missing features. Too much of a cashgrab right now.

Germans.

giphy.gif

Burning Bridges

HighresScreenshot00016-730x350.png

I have no idea with which tricks they have manipulated those screens, because the real game looks nothing like that.

HighresScreenshot00000-730x350.png

The reality looks more like this:

DVW7ZXQW4AAlhWs.jpg

or

DUQmsM_W0AApxW9.jpg

Same with the features they promise
  • Explore – Discover a huge open world map over northern Norway, visit real ports and locations. Uncover various fishing locations and secrets.
  • Handcrafted – 6 entirely handcrafted and authentic fishing boats to drive and explore.
  • Atmosphere – Experience the majestic and untouched nature around northernmost town Hammerfest and gateway to Barents Sea, with midnight sun at summer, cold and dark winters with northern lights.
  • Commercial Fishing – Learn about commercial/industrial fishing, using various fishing methods like long-line, net and trawl.
  • Customization – Buy new parts, rig your boat for net fishing, upgrade engine and storage space on your boat.
  • Adventure – Start with the smallest fishing boat inherited from your grandfather, go fishing, earn money and build yourself up to buy a big trawler. Make your grandfather proud!
Sounds like a real simulation of owning and running a fishing vessel, but in reality you just steer out of port, catch a few fish until you advance to the next boat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom