Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Furi

v1rus

Arcane
So, gotta say, Im quite impressed with the game. Great visuals, amazing soundtrack, and the fights are pretty tight for now (at 3rd boss atm). Seems to be decently challenging, tho I dislike the fact that the hardest difficulty aint playable till you beat the game. Then again, I hate that difficulty settings are a thing.

The minimalistic 2deep4u plot works rather well for now, which is also surprising. Here's to hoping it holds up.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Just completed it.

Man that was a pretty good ride. Very underrated game.

The parts where you just walk were fortunately short and good looking enough not to be tedious, and the combat was fun and nicely challenging (even if simple and janky). Overall a pretty solid game.

Also it has a cool OST.

Last edited:

Villagkouras

Arcane
So, I got this for free in PS4 maybe a year ago and I never killed the first boss. The tutorial boss. Of course the game felt clunky and very difficult and I dismissed it as overrated.

Fast forward to today. This time I downloaded the Steam version which I got again for free and I beat the boss first try. While stoned. The combat felt ok this time and I'm willing to try it further.

I don't know if it's a PS4 thing or my TV is absolutely garbage for gaming but it's the second time I encounter this, the first game that I was like two different players was Downwell.

Is there any way to measure my TV's lag? NVM, found it, it's 41ms with Gaming Mode on which kinda seems the reason for this thing.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
5 years later and they decide that now is the time for a DLC, instead of a sequel?
What the hell have these guys been doing?

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Some info
The downloadable content lets you play as Onnamusha Rider, a powerful fighter that alternates between two stances: fast and agile or slower but lethal until she’s able to unleash the devastating power of the Star. The new gameplay mechanics bring new challenges, for a complete rediscovery of the game.

With Onnamusha Rider, the game can be played again in Story, Speedrun, and Practice modes. The studio will also publish a free update to the base game on all platforms, that includes all paid and free content available for Furi: downloadable content “One More Fight” and all the improvements made since the release (Invincible Mode, Furier Speedrun, Alternate controls, etc.).
Furi_2022_05-03-22_001-1920x1080.jpg

5 years later and they decide that now is the time for a DLC, instead of a sequel?
What the hell have these guys been doing?
They worked on a completely different game. Didn't even realize it came out until now.

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
So, just an alternate character, fighting the same bosses?

Not sure how I feel about that.

SumDrunkGuy

Make sure you fight the "real" end boss. The game sort of pulls a Symphony of the Night on you. It changes the whole nature of the story.

Sarathiour

Cipher
So, did someone tried the DLC ?

I have no clue why they decided to release something after 5 years. Was haven that much of a flop ?

Elthosian

Arcane
So, did someone tried the DLC ?

I have no clue why they decided to release something after 5 years. Was haven that much of a flop ?

I purchased the DLC some time ago to support them, as I really enjoyed Furi. Today I tried it because I wanted to listen to the soundtrack in-game again (I listen to it weekly), and it's the same game with another character. The mechanics change enough so that it feels like a different experience and it's a great chance to try the Furier mode if you haven't before. I say it's worth it if you rate the base game with an 8/10 or higher.

Sarathiour

Cipher
yeah, already finished the game in furi and furirer, might give it another spin with the dlc since it's now been a few year.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
This really does look like the perfect game to just play and chill with some edibles. However, I don't know if I'm any good at the twin-stick shooter thing. I have a few in my library but never really played them. I'll have to try it. I was just thinking how successful this game would have been and how many people would have even tried it if they added another r to the title. Then it woulda been like, "Okay... no way."

Elthosian

Arcane
This really does look like the perfect game to just play and chill with some edibles. However, I don't know if I'm any good at the twin-stick shooter thing. I have a few in my library but never really played them. I'll have to try it. I was just thinking how successful this game would have been and how many people would have even tried it if they added another r to the title. Then it woulda been like, "Okay... no way."
That would be the Disco Elysium name change drama all over again, heh.

Btw, it's unbelievable how good the music in this game is, they got some of the best synthwave artists to do it, and it fits the gameplay too well for it to be real. One of them (Carpenter Brut) even said the back and forth process of making music under gameplay constraints burnt him out of making videogame music again in the foreseeable future. A shame since I love his work to the point of going to one of his concerts, but also a testament to how much the devs wanted Furi to be a tight, consistent experience.

That one, The Burst and especially The Edge are among my favorite boss fights ever. Damn nice.

Elthosian

Arcane
Fellas, I got curious and checked their website, and it seems they were hiring for a new action-adventure game as of last month:

https://www.thegamebakers.com/blog/

My French is a bit rusty from years of not practicing, but here's the most relevant stuff:

- They're aiming for a 20+ person team and highlight that they release a game every 3-4 years. 2024-2025 release?
- I have to check how big their team was for Furi and Haven, but the current team size might be a great indicator as to whether sales from both games were good enough.
- 3D, third-person action adventure.
- They're hiring a level designer, preferably with a good sense of composition, with an emphasis on mountains and natural elements. "If you love mountains, this position is for you."
- They're aiming for a semi-realistic style that adequately combines visual composition with rhythm and challenge management :bounce:
- Understanding of systemic design and non-linear level design (oh boy)
- Hiring a QA manager, nothing interesting about that.
- Hiring a gameplay programmer with solid expertise in physics and animation systems (IK, ragdoll, playables [whatever that is], procedural animation)
- Unity expertise required :negative:
- "Our studio is engaged in the issues of diversity and eco-sobriety in our industry" (sounds like template text as this is not relevant to the role and appears at the end of all listings, but Furi did touch a lil' bit on the latter)

Italics for my thoughts, normal text for stuff translated directly.

I'm really pumped to get another action game from them, and it sounds like it will be just as challenging and require proper coordination. Might as well be another Furi game. The non-level linear design intrigues me a bit, Haven was open-world but they don't reference anything related to that in the listings. I hope they go for something smaller in scale, as most of us loved Furi for the combat.

The Unity thing worries me, but I guess Furi used the same engine and it didn't stand out to me like in other games. Might be an issue if they go open world, though.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
That would be the Disco Elysium name change drama all over again, heh.
I remember posting in that topic in a drive-by, commenting that I couldn't believe there was an RPG with the word "Disco" in the title.
Btw, it's unbelievable how good the music in this game is, they got some of the best synthwave artists to do it, and it fits the gameplay too well for it to be real.
Have to admit, the music (at least in the trailer) is pretty kick-ass, and I kind of hate techno-pop. I's got some dream-pop elements that I like

Sarathiour

Cipher
Fellas, I got curious and checked their website, and it seems they were hiring for a new action-adventure game as of last month:

https://www.thegamebakers.com/blog/

My French is a bit rusty from years of not practicing, but here's the most relevant stuff:

- They're aiming for a 20+ person team and highlight that they release a game every 3-4 years. 2024-2025 release?
- I have to check how big their team was for Furi and Haven, but the current team size might be a great indicator as to whether sales from both games were good enough.
- 3D, third-person action adventure.
- They're hiring a level designer, preferably with a good sense of composition, with an emphasis on mountains and natural elements. "If you love mountains, this position is for you."
- They're aiming for a semi-realistic style that adequately combines visual composition with rhythm and challenge management :bounce:
- Understanding of systemic design and non-linear level design (oh boy)
- Hiring a QA manager, nothing interesting about that.
- Hiring a gameplay programmer with solid expertise in physics and animation systems (IK, ragdoll, playables [whatever that is], procedural animation)
- Unity expertise required :negative:
- "Our studio is engaged in the issues of diversity and eco-sobriety in our industry" (sounds like template text as this is not relevant to the role and appears at the end of all listings, but Furi did touch a lil' bit on the latter)

Italics for my thoughts, normal text for stuff translated directly.

I'm really pumped to get another action game from them, and it sounds like it will be just as challenging and require proper coordination. Might as well be another Furi game. The non-level linear design intrigues me a bit, Haven was open-world but they don't reference anything related to that in the listings. I hope they go for something smaller in scale, as most of us loved Furi for the combat.

The Unity thing worries me, but I guess Furi used the same engine and it didn't stand out to me like in other games. Might be an issue if they go open world, though.
lmao, all the job offer are written in shitlib instead of french, except for the QA one.
I thought the team was working from Montpellier, but they claim that they have been teleworking for over 12 years, with just a few gathering IRL, which seems crazy to me.
I unfortunately thinks that they will go again for something more causal friendly like Haven. On the subject ,also lmao at the fanart, as most of them made the brown dude a girl. I guess I should not be surprised as I don't think there is much overlap between the haven and furi fan community.

Elthosian

Arcane
lmao, all the job offer are written in shitlib instead of french, except for the QA one.
I thought the team was working from Montpellier, but they claim that they have been teleworking for over 12 years, with just a few gathering IRL, which seems crazy to me.
I unfortunately thinks that they will go again for something more causal friendly like Haven. On the subject ,also lmao at the fanart, as most of them made the brown dude a girl. I guess I should not be surprised as I don't think there is much overlap between the haven and furi fan community.
IIRC they added gender selection for both protags at some point after launch. It's basically a game built around romance, so it surely got them some extra money :M

I still have hope given the elements they seem to be prioritizing in these listings, but I guess it will be super easy to tell which direction they're going for when they announce this and show some gameplay.

ind33d

Educated
Great game, good OST too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom