Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game Date?

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Since you're talking about engines, I wanted to ask what do you think of Nebula Device [Project Nomads engine], Flashback? It's free, multiplatform and supports DX9.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Ander Vinz said:
Since you're talking about engines, I wanted to ask what do you think of Nebula Device [Project Nomads engine], Flashback? It's free, multiplatform and supports DX9.

Just took a look at it and have mixed feelings. Graphically it's more powerful than TGE, yes. Multiplatforming is very nice too. But somehow I feel suspicious... it must be their features list, filled with totally basic things, that shouldn't be even mentioned - every game engine that respects itself should have those. It's like advertise a gun saying:

- Our gun works with bullets!
- It can be reloaded, too!

Well, that's just an impression from a quick look. I didn't see the code, I didn't see it in action... however, I played Project Nomads (that's a game about flying isles, right?), and liked it a lot. The engine was rather fast, producing a lot of FPS, IIRC. On the other side, there was usually Big Nothing around your island.

My summary: unsure. 10 minutes of examining C4 engine impressed me more than 10 minutes of Nebula. But that's 10 minutes anyway, I might be wrong.

Btw, we've been talking a bit about engines here. Take a look if you're interested.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Flashback said:
I played Project Nomads (that's a game about flying isles, right?), and liked it a lot. The engine was rather fast, producing a lot of FPS, IIRC. On the other side, there was usually Big Nothing around your island.
BTW, Radon Labs are making Drakensang using nebula.

cardtrick

Arbiter
You know what's weird, kingcomrade? Even though I know full well that clicking the link in your sig is going to take me to the deathclaw fanfic, I still do it at least once every time there's new text. One part of my mind knows what's going to happen, but another part just can't help but click on the enticing text you write. It's particularly strange because I've literally never been rick rolled, goatsed, or tubgirled -- I have an almost superhuman ability to avoid such links. Just thought you should know.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Confused.gif

k_bits

Scholar
I'm on Uranus.

Well, in it, actually.

PS: Is it Thursday....now?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hope it'll never be released. That way we'll always hope and we'll never have to fear the terrible, terrible disappointment that's inevitable because like with a lonely academic, our standards are unrealistically high.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Jasede said:
I hope it'll never be released. That way we'll always hope and we'll never have to fear the terrible, terrible disappointment that's inevitable because like with a lonely academic, our standards are unrealistically high.
fuck you jasede, don't ruin my hopes

Special_Can

Scholar
Jasede said:

I didn't know you were such an optimist. Are you that scared? Have you no faith in the "VD"? It's this type of thinking that made that Academic so lonely. Are you the Academic, Jasede?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom