Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year?

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Should be done the same way the all time list was calculated - so at least the Codex is consistent in its methodology.

Best games I played this year are Fallout NV and Lords of Xulima.

If I get to play either Ultima IV or BT3 soon - the best would be U IV!

Morkar Left

February would be ok to vote. Just let everyone decide which he thinks was the best rpg of the rpgs released in 2014. No second or third votes.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Should be done the same way the all time list was calculated - so at least the Codex is consistent in its methodology.

I really don't think that game of the year voting should be the same as best of the best list. In one you have to chose the best out of the dozen RPGs, in the other one of the hundred. Especially since not like "best 50" where people were supposed name 25 RPGs and every mention counted as a vote.

February would be ok to vote. Just let everyone decide which he thinks was the best rpg of the rpgs released in 2014. No second or third votes.

I also considered that option, after all there weren't that many RPGs last year. I'll make a pool with voting method, once more people will share their opinion.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GotY awards are one of the dumbest ideas ever, surprisingly everyone copies that. Some years there are only turds released, other years there are multiple good games. This is really harmful for the decent games and makes some turds shine when they should have been forgotten.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My vote for this year GOTY is Ultimate☆Boob Wars!! ~Big Breasts vs Flat Chests~

I mean, just look at the plot. Far better writing than all other games released this year by a mile and more.

Otj8sJh.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't we do GOTY every year already?

Or maybe it's the "Best Evah" poll we do every year?

Anyway, let's do it. Voting poll should be started by somebody who could spam the members with a PM notice - moar voters, moar prestige - and not get banned for it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
maybe we should let the year run its course before we start polling a GOTY.

Weasel
Perhaps the GOTY can be announced in DU's Review of the Year. That'll give us a couple of years to argue over the voting.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Star Stable, Space Ships Online with Chris and Blaine.
:happytrollboy:

Or DOS, Kerbal Space (yeah i know its early access), Underrail (EA), Warlock 2 (lots of fun for me, even if its deeply flawed), XCOM - Long War.

Dont care if they are not rpgs:P

Later edit: And DU's favorite: Bleach Online!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey zerotol would you say you have more or less tol for tags ever since being given all of them, considering how many more there are now?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
2014 was one of the most dire years I've ever seen for vidya. Dark Souls 2 was the best game released this year I played. That's saying something.

People please, read more carefully. This thread is for discussing the organization of voting, not discussing what the game of the year was. Notice that this thread is in "site feedback", not "RPG discussion". It's two months too early for naming a GOTY.

People please, read more carefully. This thread is for discussing the organization of voting, not discussing what the game of the year was. Notice that this thread is in "site feedback", not "RPG discussion". It's two months too early for naming a GOTY.

GOTY is DivOS, though.

WOW, I'M PRESSING BUTTONS AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING, DAMNED BUGGED POSTING MECHANIC.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I see "game" not "RPG", which means we should have sub-categories for RPG, adventure, strategy, etc.

Which also means we already know who will win FMV game of the year :troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have to agree with Koni. We shouldn't do a game of the year award because it just becomes arbitrary. Much better would be to have something like an RPG Codex ring of honor. Where if a game is good enough it gets added and it doesn't matter how many games that good are released in a year.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have to agree with Koni. We shouldn't do a game of the year award because it just becomes arbitrary. Much better would be to have something like an RPG Codex ring of honor. Where if a game is good enough it gets added and it doesn't matter how many games that good are released in a year.

Define "good".

:M

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RPGOTY votes are sorta tradition already, so personally I don't think we should give up on them. Plus, it's fun.

TripJack

Hedonist
to do that we must define 'define'
:dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom