Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GeDoSaTo is **** avesum

GeDoSaTo is a tool made by Durante (guy who fixed Dark Souls and FFXIII PC ports). It allows you to to increase resolution and add post-processing effects (glorious scanlines!) in some games. Here's compatibility list.

I'm having a blast with testing it, some examples:

ultra AA
343ou86.png

124emf7.png

23l1vyq.png

Cartoon:
5vf52.png

23uepe1.png

One of CRT variations:
2n7pmcy.png

2mwrz3q.png

'Sin City' filter
2dcbvrk.png

2dlvr03.png

Last edited:

Norfleet

How odd. I've never heard of tihs game and neither has the Google. I think this program has lied to you, however, since the screenshot in question is clearly 1280x768, and do they even make monitors that fucking enormous?

SiN Episodes: Emergence is its official name since it was planned to come in pieces but ended with first chapter due to poor sales.

since the screenshot in question is clearly 1280x768?

You right, I didn't even noticed I pasted the wrong link (with vanilla only, with ultra AA to compare).

Last edited:

Norfleet

Eh, I never got the point of AA. I am drunk enough not to need it anyway. I have never quite understood how making things blurry would somehow improve the visuals, though.

A horse of course

Eh, I never got the point of AA. I am drunk enough not to need it anyway. I have never quite understood how making things blurry would somehow improve the visuals, though.
I find jaggies obscenely distracting, but am hardly bothered by things like screen tearing (within reason). AA has gotten a lot worse in the last 8-10 years for two major reasons - number one is that most games these days use deferred rendering, which exaggerates shimmering and jaggies and tends to break MSAA and/or make it ridiculously demanding on your hardware, and reason number 2 is that 3d models are so detailed nowadays. In the past you might've seen aliasing around the general shape of the head, arms, hands etc. whereas now you can see jaggies all over the model's eyelids, mouth, nostrils, teeth, ears etc.

Norfleet

Yeah, for me, "jaggies" never bothered me, and indeed, made it clear where an object ended and began, as opposed to "the blurries", where you cannot TELL where an object ends or begins because when you look at it, all you see is this blurry mass that is neither fish nor fowl: A red building against a blue sky...yielding purple pixels that are neither building nor sky, where no purple object exists. What the hell am I even seeing here?

Faced with jaggies vs. being unable to identify discrete objects, I'll take the lesser of the evils that doesn't impact my ability to actually play the game.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Jesus. I played games in 320x200 with dithering and I should be bothered by jaggies ? I thought this was RPGCodex.

:lol: What the fuck are you on about, AA is not about making things blurry, it's about getting rid of jaggies. Some AA techniques blur things (like FXAA, TXAA, SGSSAA), so what? It's not like all AA does this.
Anyway, I don't see the point of this GeDoSaTo tool, I've tried it out and from what I've seen it looks just as crap as regular downsampling via making a custom resolution. Adding some shitty post process effects in game where they don't belong doesn't make sense to me either. Only thing I ever use is Lumasharpen from SweetFX in some cases, to make visuals crisper when needed, particulalry to counter blur caused by TXAA.
Though I gotta say I'm kinda jealous of people who aren't bothered by aliasing, that crap distracts the shit out of me. Screen tearing too, always gotta have V Sync.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom