Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good PC games for young kids?

Severian Silk

yes

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I have a little nephew who plays crappy ipad games so I wanna get him playing real games. But I need to ease him into ones that are good but not too complex, and not too violent, he is only 8.

Anyone got any ideas?
So he could become addicted to PC games at age of 8?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah I don't like on screen buttons. I am gonna get GBA emu for PC first and he can use a gamepad. If he loves something I can always figure out how to do it on ipad. The emu looks easy to get on ipad, apparently dont even need to jailbreak, but not sure how to get games on there. I hate itunes. But if he likes it on PC I can figure it out.

But the important thing is getting some good shit on PC and this will really help. GBA games are perfect!

So he could become addicted to PC games at age of 8?
That's the plan! He is addicted to games already, they are just crappy ones. He plays a lot of sports in school and outside of school too so I think he is gonna avoid being a potato. But he desperately needs some quality in the stuff he does in his free time. I have to teach him better games, but I also have to do all this for movies too, and preferably tv. The kid has seen a total of about 3 movies in his whole life and it isn't good for him. I got a Jim Carrey comedy for him and he kept freaking out when people got hurt and kept asking if it was real life. He eventually got into it but all he knows is youtube, 'fail' videos, memes, watchmojo top 10 bullshit, etc. I gotta save him. My childhood was awesome, I was watching The Goonies, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Gremlins, Indiana Jones etc... And playing great games on the side. And for TV I had Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Airwolf, The A-Team, Fraggle Rock, etc.. He has nothing even close to any of that stuff. His generation is fucked.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
sam and max hit the road? telltale's sam and max were decent too. that's before telltale go the way of decline
I LOVED that game. Definitely on my list. I think that would help him get used to a mouse too because you don't have to rush.

Cool name

Arcane
I got a Jim Carrey comedy for him and he kept freaking out when people got hurt and kept asking if it was real life. He eventually got into it but all he knows is youtube, 'fail' videos,
so wait, the kid gets freaked out by ppl getting hurt in a movie, but one of the main things he watches for fun are videos of ppl getting hurt irl?

does this not seem very strange to you?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I got a Jim Carrey comedy for him and he kept freaking out when people got hurt and kept asking if it was real life. He eventually got into it but all he knows is youtube, 'fail' videos,
so wait, the kid gets freaked out by ppl getting hurt in a movie, but one of the main things he watches for fun are videos of ppl getting hurt irl?

does this not seem very strange to you?
Very. That's why I'm trying to do stuff to help.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When my daughter was 6 she singlehandedly finished several Lego games. Helped her through some puzzles but she pretty much did the whole thing by herself.
Rayman Legends is also a big fav, awesome game through on through.

My 12 year old is mostly stuck on Civ, Minecraft, Euro Truck Simulator and now lately Counter-Strike plus Pokemon games on his 3DS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom