Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Graphics-lite Kodex?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Changing the style on the tablet does nothing. In fact it was already set to display on Classic Codex style, so I changed it to Graffix Lite and back again, but it still displays as Graffix Lite. On the PC, it changes styles correctly.

I don't mind that much, I just find it strange that it changed automatically overnight and won't let me choose. Clearing cache and cookies doesn't help. Bug or feature? You decide.
Try again now and see if you can change it on the mobile device.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Just don't make it go automatically to modbile version when you detect a mobile phone. You should provide an option to choose from. I prefer browsing the original codex with my phone.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
But that was sort of the whole point. If you visited with a mobile, it would be mobile. And you wouldn't have to change your settings, only to then log in with a PC later and have to change the style back again.

Try again now and see if you can change it on the mobile device.

Yeah, but it's schizophrenic now. Setting it to Graffix Lite will show the Codex style, and vice versa. Sometimes it'll change randomly, too - just now I was viewing the forum list and it was lite, I clicked this thread and it'codextyle again. Seems like the site appreciates the Darkunderlordian school of wish-granting. " You want to change styles? Ok, done. :smug:"

Edit: oh god, now it's displaying this post in the GL format (avatarless, username above the message), but with Codex color scheme. Is the site being haunted by djinns? :(

EG

Nullified
The site is its own troll, as is its right.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, style is now selectable but won't choose itself for you.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Been using it for a while and loving it, but there's a couple issues I'd like addressed:

1. Can you highlight links better? The grey color is a little too subtle. I'd appreciate an underline or blue color (or both).
2. White text - can it be overridden to black? (the background is white, after all)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom