Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire already available in mother russia!

Alex

Arcane
@commie

Look commie, no need to get angry. I don't care for Cleve, one way or another. But I do care for the indie industry! I don't want to see an indie game bashed or slandered undeservedly. My comment wasn't to you at all, tough I understand it might seem so. My comment was directed at Mortmal, who was drawing conclusions from a news post at the Grimoire Systems page. I mean, of course the game will have a few bugs, specially if you have been working on and off it for 15 years.

Like I said before, I haven't played much of the Grimoire beta. If you have played it and didn't think much of the game, fine! All I ask is that you explain why you didn't like the game (like you already did). Personally, if this is as much fun as Wizardry 7, I would be happy to pay twice the price of a commercial game.

Bu I insist the accusing Cleve of having stolen the code is silly (unless you have some proof). If you are really worried about that, why don't you ask Mr. Michael Shamgar? I don't know if it is the same person or not, but there is someone by the same name working at this game company.

@SkepticsClaw

I don't disagree with anything you have said, but I don't really care about judging Cleve, only Grimoire.

Mortmal

Arcane
Why do you ask me for evidence, you are not asking him or anyone else to post evidence, this is the codex. I am just stating the obvious, everyone knows its a carbon copy of wiz 7, there you can easily draw conclusions. Now i should ask michael schamgar, you think the guy making this and grimoire engine is the same person ?
973239_20090913_screen010.jpg

I am not bashing or slandering the game underservedly , remember that grimoire is supposedly the best rpg ever produced in the world, no not the world the galaxy! It makes sense all those ufo sightings now .. Its the annunaki coming back to check the work of their genitically engineered , prodigal neanderthal son. You know its getting boring in the pleiades systems(M45 ), theres not any good rpgs released either.Then again believe me, no evidence, but stating the obvious, you dont cross 135 parsec of space to get a subpar indie rpg.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Alex said:
@commie

Look commie, no need to get angry. I don't care for Cleve, one way or another. But I do care for the indie industry! I don't want to see an indie game bashed or slandered undeservedly. My comment wasn't to you at all, tough I understand it might seem so. My comment was directed at Mortmal, who was drawing conclusions from a news post at the Grimoire Systems page. I mean, of course the game will have a few bugs, specially if you have been working on and off it for 15 years.

Like I said before, I haven't played much of the Grimoire beta. If you have played it and didn't think much of the game, fine! All I ask is that you explain why you didn't like the game (like you already did). Personally, if this is as much fun as Wizardry 7, I would be happy to pay twice the price of a commercial game.

Bu I insist the accusing Cleve of having stolen the code is silly (unless you have some proof). If you are really worried about that, why don't you ask Mr. Michael Shamgar? I don't know if it is the same person or not, but there is someone by the same name working at this game company.

@SkepticsClaw

I don't disagree with anything you have said, but I don't really care about judging Cleve, only Grimoire.

You people are being cute, but answer me this : why should I give a shit, and why wouldn't I just play the Wizardry series instead of this crap (which is antiquated old unplayable shit as far as I'm concerned /newfag nonchalence shield)

Alex

Arcane
Mortmal said:
Why do you ask me for evidence, you are not asking him or anyone else to post evidence, this is the codex.

I understood that you were not joking when you and commie made these allegations. If I was wrong, then I am sincerely sorry. However, if you are serious, then these accusations make you look bad, just like Cleve's baseless accusations of Phil Moore make him look bad. If you want to accuse him of lacking originality, go ahead! But accusing him of stealing is a different matter. I won't argue the Phil Moore case with Cleve because it would be like hitting my head against a wall, I would never get anywhere. Even if it wasn't, I don't know much about the subject anyway.

Mortmal said:
I am just stating the obvious, everyone knows its a carbon copy of wiz 7, there you can easily draw conclusions.

According to mondblut, the game was actually closer to Wizardry 6, in that it lacked mobile NPCs, that competed against players. Apparently, Cleve news of roaming NPCs is something new that wasn't in any of the betas before this one.

Mortmal said:
Now i should ask michael schamgar, you think the guy making this and grimoire engine is the same person ?

After Skyway posted that Brian Reynolds, of Alpha Centauri fame, was working at Zynga for something called FrontierVille, I wouldn't be surprised.

Mortmal said:
I am not bashing or slandering the game underservedly , remember that grimoire is supposedly the best rpg ever produced in the world, no not the world the galaxy! It makes sense all those ufo sightings now .. Its the annunaki coming back to check the work of their genitically engineered , prodigal neanderthal son. You know its getting boring in the pleiades systems(M45 ), theres not any good rpgs released either.Then again believe me, no evidence, but stating the obvious, you dont cross 135 parsec of space to get a subpar indie rpg.

I just think that the right thing to do is to judge Grimoire on its own merits, not for its author or whatever claims he might have made.

Elzair

Cipher
Mortmal said:
Why do you ask me for evidence, you are not asking him or anyone else to post evidence, this is the codex. I am just stating the obvious, everyone knows its a carbon copy of wiz 7, there you can easily draw conclusions. Now i should ask michael schamgar, you think the guy making this and grimoire engine is the same person ?

Here is what Brenda Braithwaite (and John Romero BTW) are working on:

Built under the creative direction of industry notables Brenda Brathwaite (Wizardry) and John Romero (Doom, Quake), Ravenwood Fair has a completely different atmosphere from the sims you typically find on Facebook: Players create and maintain a fairground, entertain woodland creatures with different attractions, and explore and complete quests inside a sinister, magical forest.

Ravenwood Fair's offbeat premise and dichotomy between cute critters and menacing woods not only transforms the game into something more than a FrontierVille clone; it also afforded LOLapps the opportunity to add more character and flavor to NPC interactions than one typically expects from social games, and to present the world with a distinct visual style that's both adorable and ominous.

154720_145776612141566_120563477996213_258171_3561561_n.jpg

150043_138304162888811_120563477996213_219334_3526672_n.jpg

7hm

Scholar
Elzair said:
Here is what Brenda Braithwaite (and John Romero BTW) are working on:

Built under the creative direction of industry notables Brenda Brathwaite (Wizardry) and John Romero (Doom, Quake), Ravenwood Fair has a completely different atmosphere from the sims you typically find on Facebook: Players create and maintain a fairground, entertain woodland creatures with different attractions, and explore and complete quests inside a sinister, magical forest.

Ravenwood Fair's offbeat premise and dichotomy between cute critters and menacing woods not only transforms the game into something more than a FrontierVille clone; it also afforded LOLapps the opportunity to add more character and flavor to NPC interactions than one typically expects from social games, and to present the world with a distinct visual style that's both adorable and ominous.

Whatever it takes to pay the bills I guess...

Mortmal

Arcane
I am happy to not be working in the gaming industry , it seems if you are talented , skilled, with a bit of luck you may, may.. be able to pay your bills each months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom