Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Has the Codex been getting better? (eeeeww)

Unwanted

Saratoga

Unwanted
Oh hey, it's that guy we banned a bunch of times.
"We". Pathetic garbageman. Even DumbOverload doesnt trust you. I mean wtf, JarlFrank, another braindamaged fag is admin, you are a post bot. Holy crap man, reevaluate your life, mongo. Before SuicideBunny happens. I once told him that I would take mah revenge for ratting me out! pbuh.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Close shut the gates of newfag immigration before them demons take over our culture!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Oh hey, it's that guy we banned a bunch of times.
"We". Pathetic garbageman. Even DumbOverload doesnt trust you. I mean wtf, JarlFrank, another braindamaged fag is admin, you are a post bot. Holy crap man, reevaluate your life, mongo. Before SuicideBunny happens. I once told him that I would take mah revenge for ratting me out! pbuh.
Hello Bryce.

I love you. :hug:

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Without newfags, how can DU possibly hope to pay for the codex? Ya'll oldfags are broke-ass honkeys. You're welcome for doing my part to hold up the establishment.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I assume DU and Taluntain have some sort of subliminal messaging in the site somehow that blocks endorphins for newfags until they shell out their hard-earned potatoes for "site maintenance." Only since I've paid my tithe have I been able to experience joy again, hampered by a brief time by my attempts to comprehend Prosper.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gee. Didn't realize I've been here for 2 years already.

All I can say is, during that time, any change in the codex has been negligable. It's still the glorious Codexia it was back then. Yeah I'm inclined to side with the people who think the Codex is doing pretty well right about now.

2 years is actually way too little time. I still feel I have to earn my codex citizenship, so that one day, hopefully, most of my posts won't be in the gamergate thread.

buzz

Arcane
What I really like about this place is that it's a well-oiled machine. The fact that shitposters like me can make thousands of messages talking about all kinds of shit, ranting and bad one-liners, while others do volunteer work essentially and post content on a constant basis? It's pretty amazing. I actually wish I was as pro-active as I used to be in the mid-00s and contribute myself with opinion pieces and LPs, instead of just lurking and throwing some meaningless remarks here and there.

Just the LPs alone of people like ghostdog, sceptic, black cat, cassidy, rk47, darth roxxor, crooked bee and more are awesome on their own, especially in this day and age where other assholes make a living out of playing video games and lack the skills, humor and dedication that our LPers have.
Or take people such as Infinitron who pulls all the info and news from the Internet for us, mindx who's interviewing devs and going to conventions and shit, or felipepepe who's doing well-documented articles or doing awesome shit like this. Seriously, I got paid doing jobs that required way less dedication than these people have for their hobbies.

Of course, content of all kinds is available all over the Internet. But most of the time it's one or the other: content-pushing websites filled with circlejerk, censorship and shilling, or havens for shitposters and fun but that doesn't give you anything meaningful. We get the benefit of speaking freely like on 4chan but without having 90% of the posts being a variation of top kek, ayy lmao and you're a big guy.

In an age where Internet socializing is mostly about facebook/instagram bullshit and where the few surviving forums are filled with arbitrary rules and autistic userbases, RPGCodex is as good as it can possibly get. I don't know how great it was before 2011 when I started lurking in here, but right now it's a pretty sweet spot with only few irrelevant annoyances thrown in here and there.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
No, I don't think so.
What I am missing lately (could be me though) is direction. I simply don't see interesting threads anymore. GGaming discussion is generally dead, there are no more interesting games at the moment. With 2 or 3 exceptions that I am already playing.
Science used to be interesting, now it seems there are hardly any threads and they and mostly just spam from LS and the other psychos. There is no more drama. Kickstarter is dead. Trannies is dead. SJW is beyond boring. The new RPGs are all shit. General gaming is = console games. Strategy games, the same 3 or 4 games for years, I could puke. Sims is 90% kickstarter space shit, with 2 or 3 good topics started by myself. What's left is usually threads about hipster shit, threads about personal sensitivities, resignation ..
Sometimes I think we could actually all make a bit more effort.

But it's still the only forum where I am able to post without thinking about a moderator reading my posts.

laclongquan

Arcane
Codex is like cokedex. Once you *try* to leave, even if temporarily and only as an alternative not a replacement, the other forums should drive you back like a countryside electricless and toiletless drive hipster back to the city.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I guess overusing 'cuck' is the in thing now. Even if it doesn't even make sense in the manner most posters apply it.

Ninjerk

Arcane
:updatedmytxt:
cuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuck

a cut of domestic sheep prime

cluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluck
you misspelled "cluck", but I fix'd it 4 u.
chicken-87.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom