Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me remember the name of this PSX game

Fart Master

Savant
Playstation One game. Third person game with over the shoulder aiming similar to RE4. It probably had laser sights as targeting reticle but not 100% on this one.

Had 2+ player competitive multiplayer with mostly symmetrical levels similar to stuff like facing worlds from UT or fy_ maps from Counter-Strike.

Probably incredibly bad and unpopular since I couldnt even find it on the wikipedia list of PSX 3rd person shooters. Had awful english voice acting.

not syphon filter

edit: it was a ps2 game called winback

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Maybe one of those shitty James Bond games? Are you sure it's PSX and not PS2? I don't think over the shoulder RE4 style aiming was around in the psx era.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Or maybe it was Apocalypse with Bruce Wills? Or Load? ReLoad? Take no prisoner?

Fart Master

Savant
you're right, it ended up being a PS2/n64 game called WinBack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwyMCgaZQ9A
Popamole ahead of its time.

It looks even worse than I remembered. I think I paid 2 euros for it from a bargain bin.

The Specialized Covert Assault Tactics team, or S.C.A.T. is an Anti-terrorist unit deployed by the U.N. They are an Elite fighting force, and the top of their class. They are deployed to handle delicate situations. Only the best become members of this team. While each member may have a favored specialization, each is capable of holding their own in any field of play.

:5/5:

Last edited:

Borelli

Arcane
I played Winback on an n64 emulator once. Gave it one hour and decided it was a piece of shit. It has cover shooting:popamole:which i GUESS was kinda new at the time but really, it gets repetitive fast. Story was crap and aiming was lol consoles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom