Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hitman: Absolution

Cadmus

Arcane
Ok so it turned into a cover-sneaker. But it isn't shitty. And it's Hitman flavoured. So i enjoyed it, very much in fact. Looking forward to a sequel.
You basically replied to everything I said by "I liked it, what' s problem"
what the fuck
Not really, i explained my reasoning.
because at this point, we are arguing about nothing, you like shit, I dont like shit
hey good for you if you can see everything in such a positive light

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
adddeed has time and again shown himself to have incredibly shit taste in videogames. This is someone who also thought Thiaf was a decent game, so it's no surprise he's slurping this shit too.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
This is my way of going through almost every level of Hitman: Absolution, Hitman:Blood Money, and Hitman: Contracts. The Hitman formula has been preserved. You just gotta use your head!

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Some talk about the upcoming HITMAN™ game made me think back on Absolution and want to talk about it a little bit. I actually liked it and had fun with it - there are definitely many ways it can be complained about as an unworthy successor yadda yadda, but playing it with that in mind, I had fun with it "for what it was". It was a good arcade game and I even replayed many of the levels a few times to beat my friends' high scores, do the little challenges, etc.

And it wasn't all stupidity (though there was definitely a lot of stupidity): I really enjoyed the level where you're taking on the main villain's three elite commando bodyguards for example ... a lesser game would have made it into a DX:HR-style boss fight, but although the level was tricky to navigate due to laser defense systems and so on, you could just sneak up on the commandos and strangle them like everyone else.

Disappointing in a lot of ways, but not as bad as it's cracked up to be. Still fun and worth playing.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Game is top notch. No its not a copy of Hitman 1,2,3,4. People should stop whining so much when developers change things up. Especially when the end product turns out great.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Missions in Blood Money and the earlier games are about having a mini-sandbox with objectives that can be approached in different ways. Missions in Absolution are about getting from point A to B. This is not the kind of change the series needed.

rado907

Savant
Absolution may actually have been a good game (idk - I got to the part where Hitman gets knocked out and quit) - a good Hitman-themed plot-driven stealth game. Something like Splinter 47.

It sure as shit wasn't a good Hitman game. I don't even think it was a genuine Hitman game (as opposed to a Hitman-themed game). In a Hitman game you have 10-15 large sandbox levels and that's about it. Plots that go beyond the perfunctory are unnecessary. You are an elite assassin taking out targets and getting rated on the basis of your performance. That's all you need to know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom